No announcement yet.

If you made a Jackson custom guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a Kahler! Feels like a Tunomatic, but has a trem also.

Comment

Can a non-recessed be made for... pulling up and dive while still having that solid feeling advantage?

How can you make it "float" without making it float? (wierd question)

I read some forum member talking about non-recessed floyds that where routed for pulling up while retaining the non- recessed characteristics.

Comment

i prefer the TOM piece with string thru. floyds are fun and all, but once they loose their novelty, what are you left doing, blocking the trem.......
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I dunno, a trem adds expressiveness to my playing, either very subtle up/down bends or full divebombs.... electric guitar playing just isn't the same without it.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

A non-recessed Floyd means the neck will have a sharper angle away from the body, like a TOM. Recessed means the neck and body are more even (Strat). While you can get low action on either one, as long as the guitar was made correctly, the case for a non-recessed model will need to be deeper so the tip of the head is not holding all the weight.

Now, unless this is some sort of contest you've won or someone else is footing the bill, I don't see where those are your only two options.

Floyds are only as hard to set up and maintain as you want them to be. Some people just can't do it, others don't have the patience for it, but once you set it, it's set.

Note that applies to QUALITY trems - the Schaller and OFR only.

If you prefer the steeper neck angle and the bridge to be off the body as much as a TOM or non-recessed trem, you can get a pullup scoop cut under the trem, however, you go right back to the issue with the case design.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Too hard for me to pick, but if I had to choose one only, it would be a non-recessed OFR like on my custom Soloist. Tied equally for 2nd a TOM/Stopbar combo and a Kahler Pro.

Jack

Comment

my best "Sustainer"...is a 94' Ibenad.. with a brass plate
                embedded into the back of the body for the string
                thru...and a 3/8" rod in the Zero tension neck..with brass "Bow" at the
                first fret.. thats putting all the string vibration into the body...and
                you can tell! Great design.. Every maker should offer a model like
                this...plus the neck at the 1st fret is 16mm thick! (about 7/16")
                So its a shred machine.

Last edited by Robert Burns; 09-21-2007, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Was gonna say, very ibanez-ish shape... the neck looks like you can unscrew the headstock off
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

i say original floyd rose,for ever

Comment

Working...
                    X