Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/Metallic black finish..

Hey guys.

I just got myself a RR24 and I'm allready planning to buy a RR1 or RR1T.
    Since Jacksons are kinda rare in Holland/Europe, I don't have a lot of options than buying a black one (wich I love by the way!)

Now here's the question. On German musicstore sites I see the Rhoads with the finishes 'Black (BK)' and 'Metallic Black (MBK)'. On the pic, the MBK finish looks like black with glitter! The BK finish looks just black.

Are my eyes fooling me? Is MBK glitter? Or is it just more shiny than 'Black'? If you guys have some pictures of both finishes and any info, that would be great!

Cheers, Thomas
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

I think this thread will help.

Comment

thanks dude! That certainly helps. I know Metallic black now, but I still need a pic of Black. Just want to see the difirence, maybe 'BK' is damn boring . I'm gonna order the guitar, so I don't get to see it myself. Thats the reason for this 'reasearch'

Comment

Sorry about the crap photo, but the guitars on the far right are a Dinky XL Professional with Metallic Black and a USA SL2 in plain black:

sigpic

Comment

I'm in the same boat except I want a KE2 Kelly with the nebula graphic. I've searched the board and the net and no one has seen one. USA Jacksons are hard to see even in LA.

Themusiczoo.com has a lot of pictures of in stock and sold guitars, try there. I believe BK is just glossy black.

Comment

my friend has a soloist in metallic grey and its definately sparklee
            ----------
            Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

I've got a BK RR1T, and I think it looks killer. Smudges easily, but that happens with any glossy black guitar.

There's some pics here http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/TheAmazingBlob/ if you want to see.

Comment

I'm thinking seriously that the RR-1NT will be my next buy on the Jackson world. i love the shape of course and i need a fixed bridge
                SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

right.. just after I opened this thread I found 2 beautiful examples. Here they are

Black:

And metallic black:

That's CERTAINLY gonna be the Black one

Comment

I like the metallic black better, except for the fretboard. Or maybe it's just the lighting.....
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I think I like regular black better, except you can see the fingerprints more.
                      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                      X