jackson sl2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson sl2

what can you tell me about this guitar?i could buy it for 1120$,it's a good price?

Are the dots inlays? The SL2 had a blank ebony board and the SL2S had sharkfins, so the dots are either aftermarket inlays or stickers. Also, it looks to me like the JT580LP has been replaced with an OFR or similar, and the bridge pickup switched to a Duncan. That being the case, it is quite a different beast than stock. I have left everything stock on my SL2, and I quite like it. Poplar body, and a bit heavy, and a fairly beefy neck by Jackson standards. Not sure if you knew this already, but they also have black fretboard binding.

Nice guitar if you like the specs. Not as flashy as the current SL2H, but the construction is basically the same.
    sigpic

Comment

yes,the dot inlays are aftermarket and the original trem has been replaced with an original floyd rose.and the pickup is a seyomur duncan

Comment

Is that not a SL-3??
        CURRENT GEAR SET UP
        2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
        1989 JACKSON KING V
        1984 JACKSON RR
        AXE FX II
        MESA BOOGIE 2:90
        DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
        FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
        (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
        (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Anybody with that decor is not quite right in the head so I would advise caution. He has probably killed and could kill again.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGSFAN View Post
            Is that not a SL-3??
            No, an SL-3 is made in Japan, and has a rosewood fretboard with MOTO sharkfins. An SL-2 has a blank ebony fretboard (this one had dots added) with black binding, and has the "Made in USA" logo as pictured. The SL-2 would have had Kent Armstrong pickups from the factory, versus Duncans on the SL-3.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              Anybody with that decor is not quite right in the head so I would advise caution. He has probably killed and could kill again.

That was awesome.

Vass

Comment

hahahaha

OFR == good
                Beefy neck == not so good
                Boring dot inlays == *sigh*
                (just my $0.02)
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                  Beefy neck == not so good
                  Like I said, beefy by Jackson standards. It's no baseball bat. I got my SL2 in trade from another JCFer. I had a KV2 and wasn't digging the "speed" neck after years of playing the regular Jackson neck shape. The SL2 is much more to my liking, even though I have fairly small hands.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bah, to me beefy neck just means more weight and probably not as good balance when standing. The finish (and shape) of the neck doesn't make much difference for me since only the "pad" of my thumb ever touches it when i'm playing.
                    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                    X