Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.A.S. Attack! NAMM Jazz'R and Morton Primer

Yup. I've been on another buying spree

Picked up this NAMM display Jazz'R and a Morton in Primer (matte black, no inlays).

I'm not a huge fan of natural quilt finishes - I prefer bursts or trans colors - but this thing looks a lot better in person than in pics. Still, I might get it refinished - maybe a nice trans blue or green, or combo.

The Morton is nice. Kinda. I mean, it's jsut as good as my other one (Bourbon Burst or whatever it is ). Maybe a graphic would work for it?

The neck profile on the Jazz'R is more like a Soloist or Morton - nice and round. The other Jazz'R I had (from Brad) had a hard V profile. Can't say I prefer one profile over the other, though.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Wow nice pair you picked up Newc. I was watching the Jazz'R on EBAY. I think you scored with that one. The Morton looks cool too. Congrats.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Very cool! Congrats. The Swee-Tone series was indeed offered with two different neck profiles.
      That Morton needs a white dragon graphic... or something.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet pair. The quilt on that Jazz'R is awesome. Really unique guitar. What made you go for the primer Morton? As it's not much cheaper than the quilt-veneer ones, I didn't think it would be a big seller. Do you plan to refinish it?

Comment

Thanks guys.

And yeah I planned on refinning the Morton. As for the price, all I've seen the "pretty ones" go for is $1000+. This one was ~$650.

Yeah, Joe, it might look neat with a white Crosby Dragon
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Yeah, Joe, it might look neat with a white Crosby Dragon
            Indeed!

Comment

I dig the Dominion... and 650$ is an amazing price.
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Nice - congrats, Newc.

Comment

Both are nice. It's good to see pics of some of the less common Jacksons. More pics of the Jazz'R would be cool.

Comment

Hmmm. Just a quick little mockup to get an idea...

Comment

That would be awesome!

Comment

Nice Jazz'R!!! If you don't mind, how much did that auction end for?
                        Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

I love the feel and sound of a morton .. the only thing thats stoping me from buying one is im not a huge fan of the shape... but i love that morton nice grab!!!

Comment

The Morton rules! I love my Old School Burst. Crappy pics...

Comment

this tread needs more dragons

and the more dragons on a guitar the better

Comment

Working...
                              X