Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Pick a Color (Pics & Poll Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing better than purple and gold ( except a quilt or flame purple top). I would go with zebra pickups too.

Comment

Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        What's too much? The color choices? Something else?
        If I were you, I'd lose the gold hardware and body binding. I don't really like either. The colours are both cool though. Perhaps it's just the mockup that looks bad to me.

Anyhow, don't listen to me, what do I know!
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
          Anyhow, don't listen to me, what do I know!
          Agreed. :ROTF:

Seriously, the plan is for this to basically be a KV "twin" of the same theme on my custom Kelly. So the gold and binding stay.

Interesting that the two colors are running pretty neck & neck. The best I've seen so far, it's been a 60/40-ish split. No clear leader so far.

Comment

I don't really like either one.. I think this type of blue in combination with gold looks kinda cheap.. and this type of purple doesn't really do it for either.. I don't know, maybe it's the gold/white bevel combination that puts me off..

If I had to choose I'd take the purple one.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Purple all the way!

But imo you should go trans purple. Solid purple might look a little bit dull. You know the limited edition trans purple sl2hs. Those look killer and your RR will look incredible if you go for trans purple
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I've already got a trans purple Kelly, the specs of which are actually the inspiration for this KV. So I want the color to be different.

Comment

Blue.
                  Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                  Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    How about blue and purple mixed together for a blue/purple burst?
                    Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer a solid color for this one. For the record, Sapphire Blue is a mixed hue, kind of in between blue and purple - the blue is a little more dominant, though. Hard to show with the CS generator and kind of hard to show in photos, too.
                    Okay. Then I vote for blue!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Back to 50/50. ...You guys aren't helping this decision! j/k

I think I actually prefer the candy purple. But, since I already have a couple of trans purple guitars, I'm leaning more towards the sapphire blue, instead. As far as my preferences, it's a close second and I'd rather have the diversity.

Thanks for the responses, guys and gals.

Comment

I don't like either of them, and I know why. It's the bevels. They ruin the look of the guitar with the gold hardware.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                          I don't like either of them, and I know why. It's the bevels. They ruin the look of the guitar with the gold hardware.
                          Didn't read through the whole thread, did we, Zeegs?

No bevels - it will have body binding. I (lamely) tried to emulate this with an ivoroid color.

Comment

How about metallic green?
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

That's a good idea, Delt. So good that, several months ago, I placed a custom Charvel order in candy apple green.

Comment

That's a good idea, Delt. So good that, several months ago, I placed a custom Charvel order in candy apple green.
                                LOL Candy Apple Green rocks! I once had a mid to late '90s Professional Dinky Reverse in that color. The bright metallic green could be blinding under the right light!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X