New RR1 Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RR1 Concerns

I bought a cobalt blue rr1 off of musiciansfriend and was put off by a couple off things, looking for another opinion.

1) The guitar was beautiful, but it was made almost a year ago, it's not even technically an 07. Why did I have to wait two months for a guitar that old?

2) I also noticed some damage to the pickguard, and a dent near the high e machinehead/tuner

I'm still within the return time, but I don't know if I would be able to get one back very soon with the 150 day backorder =/. I'll post pics as soon as I get my hands on a camera... thx in advance.
    -Adam

Send it back. It will always bug you.

Comment

Musician's Friend (among others) lists guitars that it doesn't necessarily have in stock. On higher-priced items that they presumably don't sell a lot of, they probably list something as available, and then order it from the manufacturer so as to avoid sitting on it in their own warehouse indefinitely.

As for your damage concerns, you have to decide for yourself if it's worth the hassle of returning a guitar you already have in your possession for one that you could end up waiting for . . . again. I think Rhoads pickguards can be found for fairly cheap, but I don't know about the headstock dent.
      sigpic

Comment

Musiciansfriend had said the guitar was backordered before I ordered it, but I don't understand why it took 2 months to send me a guitar that was already built... I'm probably going to email them and see if they have any existing ones at their warehouse; In the meantime, what do you recommend to use to preserve the fretboard?
        -Adam

Comment

If it's an RR1, I assume it has an ebony fretboard. With an Ebony or Rosewood fretboard I would apply Boiled Linseed oil. Rub it on and in with a cotton rag, let it sit about 10 minutes, and then wipe off the excess. You should be able to find the boiled linseed oil at Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Lowe's. But, I wouldn't do anything until you have decided you are going to keep the guitar.

Comment

Fuck it, I'm keeping it, It's just a shame. Now I just need to get my hands on a camera
            -Adam

Comment

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post
              Fuck it, I'm keeping it, It's just a shame. Now I just need to get my hands on a camera
              pics please

Comment

screw musicians friend. return that POS, and contact one of the many dealers on this board......scroll up and click on the dealer thing, better quailty, and more than likely a better price.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                    screw musicians friend. return that POS, and contact one of the many dealers on this board......scroll up and click on the dealer thing, better quailty, and more than likely a better price.

Yeah, I sort of agree. That guitar should have been in the scratch and dent category. Most likely it was a return. Also, C/J's are known to be in the shipping que for over 6 months. I can personally attest to this.

I would rather work with one of our sponsoring dealers on Charvel's and Jackson's especially.

For fret boards, I've been using Bore Oil. "Bore Doctor"
                    Last edited by Bengal65; 10-15-2007, 09:21 PM.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'd return it. Better wait some more than to let it bug you forever.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I bought a cobalt blue rr1 off of musiciansfriend and was put off by a couple off things, looking for another opinion.

1) The guitar was beautiful, but it was made almost a year ago, it's not even technically an 07. Why did I have to wait two months for a guitar that old?.
                        I don't think that's an RR1 issue - that's a problem you had dealing with MF.
                        2) I also noticed some damage to the pickguard, and a dent near the high e machinehead/tuner.
                        MF sold you are damaged guitar - they get back returned guitars and turn around and flip them as new guitars. Guitar Center does the same thing. It's not the poor RR1's fault it was sold through MF....
                        I'm still within the return time, but I don't know if I would be able to get one back very soon with the 150 day backorder =/. I'll post pics as soon as I get my hands on a camera... thx in advance.
                        None of the things you mention are RR1 concerns. You thread should be titled "I got screwed by MF and what should I do now?"

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          +1K
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Send it back.. no excuse for their lack of QC..

Comment

Yeah, send it back and get one from our dealers.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X