No announcement yet.

Very pissed off with the Custom Shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very pissed off with the Custom Shop...

"We are not currently offering the Vintage body shape so we’d need to do a standard RR body.
    The block inlay at the first position would need to be rotated 90 degrees.
    The old style logo in gold is not available.
    The Vintage Pinstripes are not available.

Thanks,
    Mike"

then it is a COMPLETELY different guitar man!!!

Take away the vintage pinstripes and take away the body... and you are left with a common standard RR shape!!!

I wanted a bigger body... and the switch position was ideal for my playing...

I made very noticable changes... I changed the bridge to a TOM stop tailpiece bridge... and I was willing to change the hardware or colors if needed...

I will never have my Jackson Concorde guitar now... I thought this was a custom shop...

It's like if Gibson wouldn't let you do a les paul...

I mean... come on!! It's the first Jackson ever made!! Don't give a &^%$ if Randy Rhoads used it... I like the guitar shape and looks... ( I'm not insulting Rhoads... you know what I mean...)

It pisses me off... that I can't have a Custom Jackson built... and it is so silly that they won't let you build the shape that started the whole company.

There'll be plenty more where that came from. In the meantime, get the same or ever better craftsmanship, at a much MUCH lower price, with UNLIMITED options from Ran Guitars. www.ranguitars.com
    Check out the gallery, then click "custom" and make a quote, you'll get the price of it within 24 hours. Nice, snappy service.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Well, J/C has always placed restrictions on doing the original RR body style. That's something that way pre-dates FMIC ownership. AFAIK, I've heard rumors that this may be a long-standing agreement with Randy's estate. i.e., They've only been permitted to build them a few times in limited runs, with Dolores' explicit approval. So I'm not suprised about refusing the body style at all. ...Not saying I like it. Just, given prior history, not suprised at all.

The other stuff listed is just disappointing, unreasonable crapola. I mean, they'll allow the vintage pinstripes scheme on an import run, but not a custom shop order? WTF?

Comment

and another reason to go elsewhere for a real custom built guitar. iirc, fmic built a couple more ltd rhoads guitars right after the buy out. try this guy. ive heard nothing but good about his stuff and he will build you exactly what you want.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

the gold logo & pinstripes is BS. & yes i have to agree AfAIK concordes were always off limits, except the few special runs of them.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what the rotating the first block inlay business is about?

Comment

The deal is that the guitar (Pre-FMIC) was sold as a limited run. We have to respect those customers that bought the guitars knowing that they were limited. Look, I want the guitar myself so you're not alone. Ethically we have an obligation to the guys that bought the limited run to maintain the limited status of the guitar. It's not personal, it's just the right thing to do.
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

By the way, a big to the man, Randy Rhoads!!!!
                Last edited by McD; 10-15-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I remember in the past people were able to order an LTD if the bridge was not a Floyd or V-trem. I remember quiet a few string thrus.
                  We can add the long list of alread CS no's.
                  You used to able able to order the gold hand painted logo as well as pinstripes on any order.

Hey Chromatic there is a LTD on Ebay or there was, it was pricey.

Comment

It's nice that some guitar builders will make us anything we want. This provides a measure of freedom of choice in the guitar market, but don't we all want real Jackson guitars? Fuck all these limits and the reasons for them! What about what the buyers want?!!!

Comment

It's time to take action over these outrages. I call for a "Million Mullet March".

Comment

I saw one of these at a local music store called Music Quest in Stevens Point, WI about 6 months ago. I bet it's still there. Here's the contact info:

Music Quest Musicians Supply LLC
                        715-344-6900
                        1101 Brilowski Rd Ste A
                        Stevens Point WI 54481-8479

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
                          There'll be plenty more where that came from. In the meantime, get the same or ever better craftsmanship, at a much MUCH lower price, with UNLIMITED options from Ran Guitars. www.ranguitars.com
                          Check out the gallery, then click "custom" and make a quote, you'll get the price of it within 24 hours. Nice, snappy service.
                          conversely, I'm going to have to recommend Shamray guitars in Russia

do anything you want, great customer service, weekly (sometimes more) pic updates of your guitar, and the quality has been off the hook

these days its better to go with a private luthier or a small company to get what you want.

Comment

I'll see what's up with that, it doesn't make sense:

"You used to able able to order the gold hand painted logo as well as pinstripes on any order."

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              It's time to take action over these outrages. I call for a "Million Mullet March".
                              LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X