No announcement yet.

Very pissed off with the Custom Shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the beuty of being in Poland and Russia you can tell the American lawyers to go ahead and sue you whos going to collect or even show up...

Comment

Has anyone heard of the World Trade Organization and the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights? This is a treaty signed by most of the world’s trading nations, and it contains requirements that the nations’ laws must meet for copyright and other intellectual property rights. There is still disagreement about what can and can not be copyrighted, but it has been expanded several times. I don’t see why musical instrument corporations wouldn’t try to use it. They probably will if they can and think it’s worth it. I am no expert on these issues, so someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about any of it. However, I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say that global corporations are staging a financial conquest of the world and middle class interest is not at the top of their list.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
        Has anyone heard of the World Trade Organization and the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights? This is a treaty signed by most of the world’s trading nations, and it contains requirements that the nations’ laws must meet for copyright and other intellectual property rights. There is still disagreement about what can and can not be copyrighted, but it has been expanded several times. I don’t see why musical instrument corporations wouldn’t try to use it. They probably will if they can and think it’s worth it. I am no expert on these issues, so someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about any of it. However, I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say that global corporations are staging a financial conquest of the world and middle class interest is not at the top of their list.
        Its about as effective as the UN. In a related story Mr. Kalashnikov has been trying to go after the Bulgarians and other third world countries for copyright infringement on his AK47 design but there is nothing they can do especially with the US Government buying large amounts of AK47s from Bulgaria to arm the new Iraqi Government...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          Its about as effective as the UN. In a related story Mr. Kalashnikov has been trying to go after the Bulgarians and other third world countries for copyright infringement on his AK47 design but there is nothing they can do especially with the US Government buying large amounts of AK47s from Bulgaria to arm the new Iraqi Government...
          It doesn’t surprise me that copyright law takes a backseat when it comes to war and the international arms trade. However, I’ll bet when you or I buy a civilian AK47 here in the US, Mr. Kalashnikov gets his money. As I said, there are still disagreements by some nations about these issues, but the ground work has been laid. Economic globalization is a work in progress. Everyone can benefit from it, but these corporations will fight vigorously to take advantage of everyone. They can’t help it. That’s what they do. If the middle class doesn’t unite and stand up for it’s interests no one will, and we will get what we deserve. Just look at what life was like 100 years ago for working class Americans. It would suck if you couldn’t afford a guitar or have time to play it like most people back then.

Comment

It doesn’t surprise me that copyright law takes a backseat when it comes to war and the international arms trade. However, I’ll bet when you or I buy a civilian AK47 here in the US, Mr. Kalashnikov gets his money. As I said, there are still disagreements by some nations about these issues, but the ground work has been laid. Economic globalization is a work in progress. Everyone can benefit from it, but these corporations will fight vigorously to take advantage of everyone. They can’t help it. That’s what they do. If the middle class doesn’t unite and stand up for it’s interests no one will, and we will get what we deserve. Just look at what life was like 100 years ago for working class Americans. It would suck if you couldn’t afford a guitar or have time to play it like most people back then.

If you buy an AK in the US Mr. Kalashnikov gets his money if you buy one that is of Russian origin which are not to common. China, Bulgarian and Romanian AK47s is 90% of the civilian market in the US and Mr K in Russia does not see a single cent and there is nothing he can do about it. There are tons of articles on the net about this.

Comment

If you buy an AK in the US Mr. Kalashnikov gets his money if you buy one that is of Russian origin which are not to common. China, Bulgarian and Romanian AK47s is 90% of the civilian market in the US and Mr K in Russia does not see a single cent and there is nothing he can do about it. There are tons of articles on the net about this.
              Like I said, I’m no expert on the subject of international copyright law, but it stands to reason that Russia, Poland, and the former Warsaw Pact nations would be the furthest behind in enforcing them. Fortunately for us guitarists (as you already stated) this is where Ran, Shamray, and other alternate guitar custom shops are located. I hope they will be shielded from these ridiculous copyright laws for a long time if not forever. Time will tell. It’s a shame about Mr. Kalashnikov. His designs are practical and ingenious, and he deserves to be paid for them. I’ll bet Eugene Stoner gets all his money.
              Last edited by excon; 10-20-2007, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That sucks ..!
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Like I said, I’m no expert on the subject of international copyright law, but it stands to reason that Russia, Poland, and the former Warsaw Pact nations would be the furthest behind in enforcing them. Fortunately for us guitarists (as you already stated) this is where Ran, Shamray, and other alternate guitar custom shops are located. I hope they will be shielded from these ridiculous copyright laws for a long time if not forever. Time will tell. It’s a shame about Mr. Kalashnikov. His designs are practical and ingenious, and he deserves to be paid for them. I’ll bet Eugene Stoner gets all his money.
                  I think the key work here...is HURRY! Maybe Shamray can only offer
                  this unlimited option work for another year?

Comment

Mikhail Kalashnikov didn't patent his invention, and has never been paid for it (officially).

I bet African-made AKs are shit compared to the gen-you-wine Izhmash article.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
                      UPDATE

Shamray... saved the day!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE SERVICE and infinite options!!!

Building starts in 1 month I shall report the progress
                      cant wait to see this done!

edit: i made the post originally asking how it was going....then realized its on the shammy board - whoops
                      Last edited by Mat; 12-11-2007, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Some patents can live as long as 100 years after the inventor's death (if he is the one who patented it). Others never expire, AFAIK.

If a patent is sold, I think it is tied to the new owner's life, not sure.
                        Patents expire after 14 or 20 years. Trademarks need to be refiled every 10 years and can be done indefinitely. Copyrights last for the life of the applicant plus 70 years, 95 years or 120 years depending on which type of copyright is applied for.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          the gold logo & pinstripes is BS. & yes i have to agree AfAIK concordes were always off limits, except the few special runs of them.
                          How else can Jackson justify the ridiculous price of them? By not offering them through the custom shop. But I didn't say that because as much as I love Jackson don't criticize them or the fanboys will flame you.

Go Jackal if you can live with the fact that it is not an actual Jackson. Mike does great work and is an awesome guy. I don't own one, but I know many who do and they love them better than their GMW guitars (he does polka dots too), but I have been in contact with him about maybe ordering one.
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
                          X