jackson RR1 ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson RR1 ordering

hey guys, i'm new to the board and am thinking about getting my first usa jackson, but i have some questions first. If you order a rr1 with emgs and gold hardware does it have to go to the custom shop or can you get that as an option? If it does have to go through the custom shop, how much more can i expect to pay for that guitar? any answers would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to the board.

That would be ye olde custom shoppe. If you bought an rr1, changed out the hardware and pickups you'd be better off price wise, especially as you can flog the originals pretty easily. Still, if you do decide to go custom shop, expect to pay upwards of a hell of a lot of money.

You may want to try Jackson Stars. (Try searching it, there are a multitude of threads devoted to ordering and semi custom goodies and whatnot)
    Last edited by levantin; 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I guess you have to go through the custom shop. So imho it will be much cheaper for you to have a select series RR1 and then modify it by yourself with emg s and gold hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
        I guess you have to go through the custom shop. So imho it will be much cheaper for you to have a select series RR1 and then modify it by yourself with emg s and gold hardware.
        +1 I agree. A heck of a lot less than a C.S.!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

+1
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I agree with everyone here. Buy a USA select RR1 and mod it yourself. Save you a boat load of $$$.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

one more question guys, does the rr1 have a battery compartment in the back
              or do you have to fit the 9v somewhere else? i really want emg's in my guitar
              and i don't wanna have to rout out a space for it. thanks for all the other comments!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonslayer View Post
                one more question guys, does the rr1 have a battery compartment in the back
                or do you have to fit the 9v somewhere else? i really want emg's in my guitar
                and i don't wanna have to rout out a space for it. thanks for all the other comments!
                No, it doesn't have one. RR1s don't come standard with EMGs, so why would they have a battery compartment? You'll have plenty of room to fit one in the electronics cavity, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I vaguely recall an interesting photo were somebody retrofitted a battery compartment onto the control cavity cover. Anyone know if that's a practical and/or worthwhile mod? Personally I hate having to remove control cavity screws to get to the battery.

Comment

It's only a few screws and the battery does not have to be changed very often anyway unless you leave a cable plugged in all the time.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

+ if there's really no room for a 9v battery in the electronics route, you can easily add it yourself without hurting the guitar's resale value too much. But i doubt you'd need to with a front-mounted Rhoads.

stuka: 49 more posts until you "lose your life" as a j/c member
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post

stuka: 49 more posts until you "lose your life" as a j/c member
                        Yeah, I see that. 39 now. Wooo. That'll probably take a while these days.
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X