Hey guys, need specs and pics for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, need specs and pics for...

the last Jackson Randy Rhoads owned. The black RR modern one.

complete specs and pics would be great!

need them for my second guitar project

10. Jackson Randy Rhoads - Randy's third custom made guitar. I'd heard he wanted to call it the Concorde. Built in 1981.
    11. Jackson Randy Rhoads - One of a few guitars being built for Randy at the time of his death.

Those are the descriptions for the last two...although I don't know how accurate they are

*Note* The early "Concorde" in the 4th picture looks very similar to the LTD Jackson or w/e it's referred to as, just with sharkfin inlays and a string-thru bridge, while I then believe the 2/3 other prototypes had the reverse sharkfin inlays and longer horns and all the other standard features of the rr1.
    Last edited by anuske9; 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM.
    -Adam

Comment

click on the top of this page on the JCF-YCE. 2 limited runs were done for this board that I think are the specs of the black one.

Comment

Actually it was stated that the JCF-01 was built from different specs than the missing 83 NAMM Rhoads - the ones they were working on when he died didn't exist. They were just piles of wood, not even rough-shaped.

The PCS series was touted as being like the black one, though I'm not sure how exact they are.

After the Concorde fiasco, I doubt seriously they'll make one just like his black one. Last I heard it takes an act of Congress to even get the smaller fins on anything.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          click on the top of this page on the JCF-YCE. 2 limited runs were done for this board that I think are the specs of the black one.
          On any browser I've tried the JCF-02 link is broken...
          -Adam

Comment

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post
            On any browser I've tried the JCF-02 link is broken...
            JCF02 was probably not added to the link. It was a tribut to Robbin Crosby. Big Red double Rhoads aka large King V.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This describes the first two prototypes:

"Originally, this guitar was to be called the The Original SIN. His second flying v which was black with a silver pickguard and string thru body bridge was going to be called the Concorde. Randy re-designed these newer 'Concordes' or production models with a longer "horn" because he felt too many people were relating his white Pinstripe- V to a Flying V. His v's both had maple bodies with maple thru body necks. This guitar features Grover locking tuners and a pair of DiMarzio humbucking pickups, a Super Distortion (bridge) and a PAF (neck). The SIN had a standard blocked vintage-style tremolo." -Wikipedia

And this is the Namm one, I believe:

http://www.seanmichaelclegg.com/gallery.html

Ignore the creepy guy...That apparently is the guitar that was finished for Randy Rhoads after his death.
              Last edited by anuske9; 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM.
              -Adam

Comment

Does the guitar have Jumbo frets?

Comment

did you order the first one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                    did you order the first one yet?

yes

Comment

doubtful; randy preferred tall skinny frets.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                      X