Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which are the rarest USA Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I guess we first have to split it into two categories, the customs/one-offs and the ones offered as a regular model.

The custom category obviously have thousands of unique guitars, so it needs another factor: I propose a guideline where two or more custom guitars are (at least) nearly identical and/or have a set of unique, identifiable features. Like the Zoraxe or the Nigel stack. In this category, for example, the original-run Collens are included and also aren´t that rare since there were like 70 made.

The production category holds all the limited runs, like the PCS lines, which I suspect should hold the top contenders... like the PCS Collen, the 88 Anniversary, the PCS Dinky Exotic and what not.

I´m not sure how to categorize the dealer-ordered limited runs, though... probably in the first one, custom/one-off, as they weren´t conceived and advertised by Jackson themselves.

Comment

San Dimas made Jackson neck through Firebird & round horn Vee customs with original factory Floyd Rose trems.

Comment

I remember entering the contest to win a Zoraxe through my Nintendo Power magazine.

I can't believe they made more than one.

Comment

The fire serpent Kelly and King V were pretty badass.

Comment

I agree with Dave L. You should apply other rules for customs as those are all one-offs. Maybe choose customs which can't be made anymore. Like for example those original explorer shaped Jacksons. After all the custom shop won't building them anymore because of Gibson so i guess that makes them pretty rare, although i don't know how much of them are out there.
              Also the round-horn v and firebirds that unsane mentioned would probably fall into this category.

Flo
              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Well..i would have to add my Dan Lawrence "Saturn".. Ive seen about
                8 or so other "Saturns"...but most are fuzzy cartoonish renditions...
                Ive never seen another one like this. Extremely sharp, focused...like
                your coming in for a landing. Anyway.. some may disagree that there
                were hundreds made...but i would like to see at least one other exactly
                like mine. (its a bolt on Dinky 91' model)

Comment

The JJP (Jackson Junior Paul) is kinda rare. I'm not sure how many exactly there were, but I don't think there were that many. Here's one that I used to own.
                  Also, the string-thru Dinky HX in the picture is pretty rare, too. Though, it is an import. Only about 100 were made in '94, and I don't think they were ever in a Jackson catalog. I'll never get rid of this one.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

AFAIK the only bolt-on Archtop Death Angel in existance.

Comment

Holy shit!

I dont know where to look. That things like a car wreck with supermodels.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

What about the Roswell RRs?
                        Who has one? I mean the USA ones.

Comment

Touché. Well said Bro!

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          I'd say the rarest belonged to a Mrs. Rhoads.

Comment

I think the JJ5's are pretty rare. 25 or 30 I believe.
                            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Less than 20 original Kelly's with the cutouts as far as i remember
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                Speaking of Nigel - the Marshall Stack Jackson with the detachable bottom cabinet and the knobs that go to 11. AFAIK there are only two of those, maybe just one.

Then there's all the Mike Shannon oddities - the racecar and such.
                                This reminds me, a few years ago I bought some Jackson catalogs off a guy and he was nice enough to send me some pix and info on the Marshall Stack Jackson. He owned one and it eventually went to auction at Southeby's if I recall correctly. He sent me the listing in the auction catalog as well as pix of the guitar/stack. It was one that was given away in a guitar magazine contest.
                                BTW, lets not forget how rare the JCF-01 Rhoads' are while we're at it There are lots of "rare" Jacksons. Just so many unique ones its hard to know where to begin.

Rudy
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X