What's this San Dimas Jackson worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this San Dimas Jackson worth?

I hate "What's it worth" threads, but I can't stop thinking about this guitar.

Bolt-on
    Metalic gunmetal grey.
    H-S-S Jackson pickups.
    Individual switches for each pickups.
    I think it has a boost (battery might be dead).
    JT6 trem
    Thick Rosewood slab
    Dot inlays
    22 frets
    JT6 before the nut lock
    Heavy ass body (maple?)
    Headstock looks a little "short" compared to most Jackson.
    Decal logo.
    Made in USA on headstock.

I couldn't get a good feel for it because of fretwear/nut cut too low. It would need fretwork and maybe a new nut. Other than that, pretty much mint condition. Body looks great / finish great.

Got pics? Is it an Ontario Jackson with SD plate or is the serial < 1505?

Comment

No pics. I think the s/n is 5169, so I guess that means Ontario with an SD plate?

Comment

I wouldn't go much over $700, maybe even less depending on how bad the frets are, but I'm not a big GMG/rosewood fan.

Comment

What really shocks you when you pick it up is the weight. Maybe more than my LPs? (8.5 9 lbs each).

Could be used as a weapon in a bar brawl.

Comment

Likely a maple body if it's unusually heavy. I had an Ontario Strat like that, big slab rosewood board, light purple paint, JT-6 and dual hums. Kicked butt, but I ended up selling it to fund the addiction further.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

> Decal logo.

Do you mean a fake one that got added afterwards, or the normal one with the "3d" look that's on Jacksons that don't have inlay logo?
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                > Decal logo.

Do you mean a fake one that got added afterwards, or the normal one with the "3d" look that's on Jacksons that don't have inlay logo?
                No, I just mentioned it because it is before the MOP inlay logo on the headstock - to help date the guitar.

I hate to send anyone to GC, but if they want it, go get it at the Cincinnati GC in the Mills Mall. It's priced at $499, I was going to offer $350 and my max would be $400. I guess even at $499, it's a good price for a USA, depending on how much $$$ it takes to make playable. I have a 1977 LP Custom that has never been refretted, that is in worse condition (fret life wise) but is still very playable, but my LP might have had a setup done more recent than this Jackson. The frets probably just need a level / crown job done.

When playing the open low E, it rattles like the nut it cut too low, so either it needs a new nut, jack the nut up, etc.

It's a very nice gunmetal grey, no serious dings, metal control plates. The rosewood is very nice, and I'm a stickler for nicely figured rosewood. I've passed on many Historic LP's that sounded great but the fretboard looked like shit. I love my 2002 LP Std. but hate the fretboard - I might have it replaced someday. I'm nuts.

And like i said, I think it has a boost but I think the batteries are dead. It was hard to get a good idea if it would sound good or not.

Comment

Is this it Don?

Comment

Working...
                  X