No announcement yet.

Look what just arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, now imagine that thing in winter camo...

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I'm obsessed.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
      BTW, I have 2 kellys and have played them for years now. Dimarzio straplocks on both of them and guess what? No nose diving
      I wonder why your Friedman Kelly balances ok but mine doesn't... my Kelly is pretty light so that might have something to do with it.

I'm thinking about moving the strap buttons to see if it makes a difference.

Originally posted by MacBeth View Post
      I ljust love the top on that one and the binding. Gives the Kelly a whole new dimension. great! I'm really angry that I missed that one, for that price I would have piced it up the same day (also because the seller lives just a 100 km away from me). have fun with it!

Sorry man. These bargains come only once in a while so I just had to snatch this one.

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      If he does...he would have to have what he paid in Euro for it!
      Do you want to buy it for $4300.00? :ROTF: (but it would still be
      worth it!!!!! Man, that is pure magic...stunning!
      Yeah the dollar has gone to shit lately. Still, I have only 1/3 of the price you mentioned in it. And in europe that's a bargain.

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      Okay, now imagine that thing in winter camo...

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
      I'm obsessed.
      Note to self: never sell this one to zeegler, ever! :ROTF:

jk, I love winter camo too. (not as much as trans black quilt, though).
      -Janne

Comment

Whoa!!!!!!!!!! That is beautiful. Congrats on a serious beauty.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ExodusAttack View Post
          I wonder why your Friedman Kelly balances ok but mine doesn't... my Kelly is pretty light so that might have something to do with it.

I'm thinking about moving the strap buttons to see if it makes a difference.
          It's the straps, they're more abrasive than the standard nylon, so they don't slip. Beats drilling holes in your axe.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks Stuka, and everyone else for that matter.

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            It's the straps, they're more abrasive than the standard nylon, so they don't slip. Beats drilling holes in your axe.
            I see. But that's just treating the symptoms, not curing the thing that's causing them.

I won't be drilling holes in this one. I'll probably try taping the strap on in various places in the guitar to see where the optimal position for the strap buttons are. And then if I decide to move them, I'll have a luthier move them and fill the other holes and paint them over.
            -Janne

Comment

Yeah, this one's going to stay with me for a long while. The serial is U07507. Late '99, am I right?
              This is the earliest serial # I've seen on a KE1T. Most of the others were produced in mid to late 2000. And I thought this was a new model for 2000 so it's possbile that it is an early 2000 production.

Comment

Note to self: never sell this one to zeegler, ever! :ROTF:

jk, I love winter camo too. (not as much as trans black quilt, though).
                LOL, don't worry, I would never touch such a gorgeous paint job.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Wow, awesome finish. Congrats
                  CURRENT GEAR SET UP
                  2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
                  1989 JACKSON KING V
                  1984 JACKSON RR
                  AXE FX II
                  MESA BOOGIE 2:90
                  DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
                  FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
                  (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
                  (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Anyway, I just can't get over how good this thing sounds and plays.
                    My RR Pro and Ran come close but this one's in it's own league. And I really like the simplicity of it; tune-o-matic bridge and only one bucker with only a volume knob (I'd love to see more USA Jacksons with tune-o-matics). I'm a sucker for trans-black too.
                    Congratulations man. That's totally drool-worthy.

Seeing a KE1T in that colour is what led me to ordering my Stars KE7 in trans. black on quilt. I like the bound flat top too. I should have pinched that idea as well.

Comment

Very nice score!
                      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                        Congratulations man. That's totally drool-worthy.

Seeing a KE1T in that colour is what led me to ordering my Stars KE7 in trans. black on quilt. I like the bound flat top too. I should have pinched that idea as well.

I saw that one on sevenstring.org, awesome looking seven!
                        -Janne

Comment

Ken, that is absolutely beautiful!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw that one on sevenstring.org, awesome looking seven!
                            Thanks! And I saw your KE1T over at the Palace too (that's a wicked Ran you have).

Seriously though, I love the flat, bound top, the one hum, etc. awesome. Cheers for the excellent pictures.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Ken, that is absolutely beautiful!
                            Thanks Ron. I posted a thread when I got it, but with an obscure title, so maybe you missed it?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74371

I'll have to take some better pictures, as I've had it a while now. Really loving the Seymour Duncan Custom; so much so that I've ordered one to stick in my KV2.

Comment

Thanks! And I saw your KE1T over at the Palace too (that's a wicked Ran you have).

Seriously though, I love the flat, bound top, the one hum, etc. awesome. Cheers for the excellent pictures.
                              I love it too. The fixed bridge is a big plus for me, and I haven't missed the neck pickup yet.

Oh, and taking photos of guitars is almost as fun as playing them.

Thanks Ron. I posted a thread when I got it, but with an obscure title, so maybe you missed it?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74371
                              I see we both made sure to include some Ron-proof pics.:ROTF:
                              -Janne

Comment

The fixed bridge is a big plus for me, and I haven't missed the neck pickup yet.
                                I'm all for fixed bridges, but only because I have no skills with a whammy; any time I touch the bar it sounds like a three year old has taken the guitar hostage. The second Jackson Stars 7 that I had a quote for, but which is now on hold because of the semi-custom/custom hiatus, had only one hum. I don't think I'd have missed the other one either.

I see we both made sure to include some Ron-proof pics.:ROTF:
                                Damn straight. Gotta respect the fountain of knowledge that is RacerX.

Comment

Working...
                                X