• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 SanDimas Soloist

HSS 3 toggles
    Kahler
    Ferrari red
    It has a few minor scratches and belt rash but its in great shape. Sounds wonderful. Plays wonderful. Im going to buy it regardless(this will be my first Jackson), but can someone tell me what this might actually be worth? Im going to have to pay $1500 apparently to get it. Anyone any info PLEASE?

Wood

Probably not worth that much I'ld say $700- $1000 even with a Floyd it wouldn't be worth $1500. Go to Ebay and look at what on there then go to the side bar and look for the ended transaction there might be something comparable that and it'll tell the price paid. Don't worry other will chime in and give you what they think.

Comment

its a bit high for a kahlered soloist. if its the one one ebay it looks real clean.

my 86 soloist, almost the same guitar but floyded
      Last edited by j2379; 11-19-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

no its not the one on the bay. I did see that one and im watching it. Its at a local shop. Some lady is trying to sell it. She seems to think she could get $2000 on ebay.

Comment

Well, she is wrong. No way you get 2k for a kahlered soloist these days. Especially a month before x-mas.

JTR hit it right on the head. 700-1k would be about right.

Comment

Definitely too much - $900-$1000 would seem about right.

Comment

This is mine:

..and it beats modern Soloists 100-0 in sound and feel, I had to sell others away.

Comment

Oh man. $1000 huh. I really want an 80s model soloist but if you guys are thinking 1000 and im being told 1500. Is it worth scooping one up now or do you think they come around enough even on Ebay that i could wait for on priced more like this? I know this is a personally vague question but you see my delima.
                I dont know much about Jackson but im really interested.

Comment

print the lady out the reply's on this thread, and if she doesn't budge, I'd say forget about it
                  -Adam

Comment

Jaakko's looks like a quality piece. Look at the binding, how it has "nibs" on the fret ends, just like a Gibson. A lot of work went into it.

Comment

Most San Dimas had nibs...
                      -Adam

Comment

If you're patient, you can find quite a few similar guitars for $1000 and substantially under- particularly if you're OK with a Kahler. You can pick up a new SL2 or something for $1500-$1800 as well.
                        GM,
                        www.aftershok.com

Comment

thanks folks. I guess ill go talk to him about it see what i kcan find out. Im taking this as refence and those ebay ouctions

Comment

Id also look at a Shannon before I'd get that guitar at that price..good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X