• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Jackson Death Angel question

what would be the ball park price of a custom Jackson Death Angel

$4,000 to $5,000 maybe?

It really depends on the details.

A bolt on, with rosewood board, alder body, plain paint job, no inlays, one pickup, string thru, will be cheaper.

A neck thru with figured maple arch top, binding, trans burst finish, ebony board, custom abalone inlays, bound neck, body, and headstock, Floyd, EMGs, etc, will be significantly more.
    Last edited by zeegler; 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

if i get no inlays will it still have the little plastic dots on side?

also i have to have o.g floyd rose

Comment

Going by guitar asylums prices about $5-6k with no graphic or fancy trimmings and hardware.
        Customs are $4500 from the order form and death kellys arent a standard shape so i guess the cost would be more still.
        Obviously an auction would end for far less, but the chances of one going on ebay any time soon is very slim, and expect to still pay $4k.

Comment

especially because im left handed

Comment

ill be honest unless you are wealthy, this will not be worth the money OR the wait.

I know people with custom shop orders exceeding 2 years, sure its nice to dream about having your own custom shop but be serious and ask yourself whether its really worth all the hassle.
            It would not suprise me if your order hit $8k once you choose a nice graphic, floyd rose, and good pickups.

Google around for some price lists, i found a charvel one not long ago.
            The tribal flame graphic alone is $1600, choice of woods, bevels, funky cut ins etc all itemise up to a lot.

If you are going to go custom do it properly, put some real thought into it, becuase if you buy it and hate it you wont get back the money you paid for it, especially left handed. Your resale market would be tiny.

Comment

You're fucked dude. Ran will probably build you one for significantly cheaper. Why don't you shoot them an email?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

im 15 so i could just work at kroger as long as needed. ill be ok i guess with plain finish stock, pickups (i can replace that later, no inlays

does no knobs and no p selecter lower the cost?

Comment

Try Bernie Rico Jr. too, cool shapes.

Comment

The whole idea of a custom is to get exactly what you want without settling for less. Brother I understand the Jackson love, we all have it here.

But I tell ya if I was going to go custom I would do a Ran, those images of their customs look stunning.

Comment

15 and want a custom shop Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                        What makes you say that? I wanted a custom shop Jackson when I was 15. Still do come to think of it. If you can raise the funds for a cs jackson more power to you. If you're not so rich get a decent axe and amp for a fraction of the cost.

Oh, and if you do order a cs, prepare to receive it when you're 20!
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          Can you blame him?

Comment

Dang you could snag 3 or 4 USA Jacksons off of Feebay for that. They wouldn't be exactly what you dream of, but....you'd have 3 or 4 or them!!

Comment

I think you'd have to work at Krogers at least 3-4 years to afford that one. I'm guessing you're working part time due to your age. Get your order in now, you might have it in 3 years...

"Does no knobs and no p selector lower the price?" You're haggling over chump change when your talking about a 4,000 dollar Custom Shop Jackson. But to answer your question, yes it would lower the price a little...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X