No announcement yet.

Custom Jackson Death Angel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell in 85 when I order my Soloist the list with EMG's And a Floyd was $2400 and they were all Custom Shop hand made. If you think about it a Les paul Custom back than was still well under a $1000.

Comment

The biggest price change will be whether you choose bolt on or neckthrough.

I can understand wanting a fairly rare body style like the Death Angel, which to me makes more sense than just wanting a single-hum Soloist or other "minor" change to a regular production model.

And in case you were wondering how it would look without the controls:

My Custom Shop WarAngel
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You don't have controls on the guitar? Wow, looks cool, but, that means tons of noise and feedback as soon as you plug the cable in it right ? How do you manage it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

I can understand wanting a fairly rare body style like the Death Angel, which to me makes more sense than just wanting a single-hum Soloist or other "minor" change to a regular production model.

My Custom Shop WarAngel
          ive always loved white with gold hardware....not to mention that is an awesome looking guitar

Comment

If you do consider Ran the waiting times are now a year allthough thats an accurate estimate and your guitar wont sit finished in the factory till someone is ready to send it to the dealer...

So you will get the guitar approximately one year after you order it....

I know there were more than a few jcfers waiting a very long time for customs some of which werent complicated designs...

But yeah the jackson custom shop prices have skyrocketed...

And this could come under the master built category so that would mean it'd cost a lot of $$$$$

let us know what you decide i'm sure the guitar would turn out great...

Comment

My Custom Shop WarAngel
              Does it have a kill switch?
              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

That one is really great. Down to the minimum of options, but a lot of details on the body. Cool, even though the shape is not really mine
                "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                  You don't have controls on the guitar? Wow, looks cool, but, that means tons of noise and feedback as soon as you plug the cable in it right ? How do you manage it ?
                  volume pedal.......... i think he photoshop'd it anyways.
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Since I don't play live, I don't have to worry about feedback

And I use a volume pedal - Ernie Ball High Gain model at the front of the chain. Works just like a knob - I back it down to get cleans, crank it to get beefy, and all points in between.

And no, that's not photoshopped - I ordered it with no controls. It's either on (plugged in) or off (unplugged).

I'm still working on having it modded though. It's a nice concept but not very practical for me. I'm a neck pickup kinda guy, so as soon as I get some bills paid down I'll send it off to be routed for a slanted neck pickup (JBJr or something) and have a knob put in - probably a push/pull to select pickups. I wish someone made a concentric push/pull so I could get volume and tone AND switching.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My Custom Shop WarAngel
                      Damn! That's pretty cool. I think it's the first electric I've seen with no volume knob, interesting choice!

I think I've given up the dream of having a Jackson custom. Just don't have patience. It took almost a year to get my last WR1, ordered to my specs. (color and neck finish)
                      Jackson USA GMG WR1
                      Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Working...
                      X