No announcement yet.

Titanium block on PC1 Floyds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

titanium parts, hell Floyd roses ,hell parts in general shouldn't cost as much as they do.its account of greed and government not stepping in to seal prices at a certain level. example no moron who screws in one bolt in a car engine should make 8 dollars an hour crap. and since most tremolos and guitar parts are made using machines now. there is no reason for high prices. only things with limited resources such as copper,gold ,silver,certain woods, pearl(for inlays),brass,etc can legitamitely have a little higher prices. i plan in future to get license to make left handed only all floyd rose,wilkinson,tuneamatic,kahler version tremolos. i would use the current metal for the affordable $99-$120 and use titanium for the $150-$300.
    $300 models would offer other finishes such as candy apple chrome,black chrome,purple chrome,etc. the difference my company would have a recycle policy which would recycle all old parts.i would probably offer brass on a limited custom order but higher than $300 depending on part.

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
      example no moron who screws in one bolt in a car engine should make 8 dollars an hour crap. and since most tremolos and guitar parts are made using machines now. there is no reason for high prices. only

Wow this stuff really pisses me off. So you seem to think that because something is machined that it magically makes itself and therefore we aren't worth our wages? So I should be making minimum wage by your account? My 30 yrs of experience and schooling mean nothing?
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Your english, your typing, your total lack of style and ludicrous ideas reveal you for what you are. Find a hammer and smack yourself in the 'nads please.

In all seriousness though, please stop huffing paint. Start drinking it.

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
        titanium parts, hell Floyd roses ,hell parts in general shouldn't cost as much as they do.its account of greed and government not stepping in to seal prices at a certain level. example no moron who screws in one bolt in a car engine should make 8 dollars an hour crap. and since most tremolos and guitar parts are made using machines now. there is no reason for high prices. only things with limited resources such as copper,gold ,silver,certain woods, pearl(for inlays),brass,etc can legitamitely have a little higher prices. i plan in future to get license to make left handed only all floyd rose,wilkinson,tuneamatic,kahler version tremolos. i would use the current metal for the affordable $99-$120 and use titanium for the $150-$300.
        $300 models would offer other finishes such as candy apple chrome,black chrome,purple chrome,etc. the difference my company would have a recycle policy which would recycle all old parts.i would probably offer brass on a limited custom order but higher than $300 depending on part.

Comment

Just saw this site in Guitar Player. http://www.tisonix.com/

They might be able to do a Floyd block.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I got to thinking about another thing... there are brass nuts, so why nut a titanium nut? Certainly while expensive, it would be cheaper to make and buy them and a sustain block for a tremolo. I would be very interested in trying something like that.

Comment

Sent then an email and got this back so maybe there is hope after all...

"Thank you so much for checking with us. We are going to production on them very soon and several other products that do not yet appear on our website (which is still under construction). If there are other products you would be interested in, we would really value your input. Thank you"

Wonder what the MSRP will be though?

Comment

Working...
              X