so I'm dying for another SLATQH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I'm dying for another SLATQH

anyone know whare I can find one? I have been thinking about getting a new jackson, its been about 6 months...lol . I love mine and must have another.

Thanks

You should check out the bay. Slatqh 's discontinued in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
      You should check out the bay. Slatqh 's discontinued in 2005.

oops I should have been more clear, by "new" I ment new to me, not a 07 year model, I am aware that they have been discontinued. Curious if anyone knows about any hanging up in guitar stores.

Comment

last one i saw was on ebay about 5 months ago, i wanted to buy it but it was a bit overpriced at £1400 ($2800). It was really nice looking though, and brand new condition, it was a 2006 as well one of the last made.

Not much help sorry, but it gives you an idea of the prices.

If you want a nice archtop you can also look for SLS, since they are very similar at least from the pics ive seen.

Comment

There's one on The Gear Page right now for around $1600 if I'm not mistaken. Check it out.
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
            There's one on The Gear Page right now for around $1600 if I'm not mistaken. Check it out.
            that would be perfect, but I dont have access to the gear page yet for some reson. Anyway you could pass on the contact info? I would totaly snatch that thing up if it were the right color.

Comment

It sucks that these are so rare/expensive, I'd love to have one too. How long were they available for before they discontinued them?

Comment

There's a NOS Tobacco Sunburst from the 04/05 run at one of the dealers in Edmonton here. They want $3k for it.

Comment

If you're ambidextrous, there's one at Fullers.

Great selection of high quality musical instruments. Fast Free Shipping! Authorized Dealer for Gibson, Fender, Martin, Taylor, Gretsch, Jackson, Charvel, National, Collings, Eastman, Tom Anderson

When they crop up on ebay, they don't seem to go for more than a standard soloist. The Music Zoo had a few NOS, but they may be gone now.

What colour are you looking out for? I wanted a tabacco sunburst or natural one, but ended up with a cherry sunburst. The trans. black doesn't have natural binding, but - as far as I know - all the rest do. On the ones with a black back, it's a solid colour. If the back is not black, then it's see-through.

Comment

ya I dont really feel like spending 2K+ on a NOS one, plus it seems that all the used ones are realy well taken care of. Not to picky on color I allready have a black one and I love it. I really want a chlorine blue one but I know that is not likley to happen unless the member with one on this site wants to sell his.

Comment

this thing is amazing looking, anyone have any experience with those pickups?

Comment

They are minihumbuckers. Not like jb jr. They are minimized humbuckers. Bigger than standart single coils,smaller than standart humbuckers. They dont sound very diffrent then any other humbucker with the same tone character.

Comment

I found this one at a dealer in June for $1600. A collector had owned it before me, and it had never been played (still had the film on the truss rod cover and the back plates). Been looking ever since for another, and can't find one. I am glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          Jackson SLATQH
                          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                          Jackson DKMGT (project)
                          Kramer Focus 1000
                          Ibanez SDGR Bass
                          Ovation Celebrity
                          Martin Backpacker

Comment

I was watching prices on E-Bay when they would pop up for sale. Most were selling for $1400ish, however the very last one I saw on there had an opening bid of $900 with no reserve and shipping at $30.00. It got one bid, so someone got a nice SLATQH for a grand total of $930.00
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X