price check on a '90 Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price check on a '90 Fusion?

I'm wondering how good a deal I got, -on the white w/ spider web graphic Fusion, my friends Vintage Guitar price guide doesn't even list it, and ebay listings are almost no help. I figure you guys probably know more than anybody. I'm not really looking to sell right now, I'm just curious.
    It's got a couple little dings, that common small crack by the neck pocket (you know the one that bolt ons get), factory emgs, very good frets...
    I've cleaned it up, full setup since this photo, it looks a lot better (crappy photo too, but the '66 blue diamond tolex does make a nice background).

How much did you pay
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I paid more for the Fusion than I did for that JCM800, but less than that '66 B15N

Comment

$600 - $700 would be fair.

Comment

Firstly, if that "graphic" is actually even painted on, it's not original by Jackson. Secondly, no Fusion came from the factory fitted with EMG's, that's a production guitar, not a Custom. And thirdly, the way you got the strings on the posts devalues the axe at least by $100.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            And thirdly, the way you got the strings on the posts devalues the axe at least by $100.
            :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by jimbilly View Post
              I paid more for the Fusion than I did for that JCM800, but less than that '66 B15N
              Not that bad, but you could have got it for a little lower. Though if you like its worth it.
              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I'm sure those strings did devalue it, -that's the picture from right when I got it home, string job per previous owner, it's all better now.
                If the EMG's aren't factory, they were professionally installed, very clean wiring.
                The graphic is painted/clearcoated/smooth with the finish, it had to have been a complete pro refin.
                Shreder13, I paid $150 for the JCM.

Interesting comments, thanks guys!

Comment

I'm wondering how good a deal I got, -on the white w/ spider web graphic Fusion, my friends Vintage Guitar price guide doesn't even list it, and ebay listings are almost no help. I figure you guys probably know more than anybody. I'm not really looking to sell right now, I'm just curious.
                  It's got a couple little dings, that common small crack by the neck pocket (you know the one that bolt ons get), factory emgs, very good frets...
                  I've cleaned it up, full setup since this photo, it looks a lot better (crappy photo too, but the '66 blue diamond tolex does make a nice background).

Is it definitely a fusion? Have you measured the scale length? In order to be a Fusion it needs to be short scale (24.75 inch scale, like a Les paul)........Also, I've never seen a Fusion with 3 knobs. Most Fusion USAs have two knobs with a small Boost On/Off toggle switch in between the two knobs......Some might suggest that the lower bout surface cutaway (carve) would identify a Fusion, but I have seen this feature on non-Fusion bolt on Jacksons also............

Comment

Well, when the EMG's were added, the middle toggle switch was replaced with a tone knob, as was probably the original JE-1500 active circuit.

Comment

Looks like a japanese pro series fusion body.witha USA neck on it.
                      is there any tell tale signs in the neck pocket that its a USA body?
                      Gil

Comment

It's definitely 24.75 scale, and on closer inspection the emg wires are just a bit too long to be factory IMO, - I'm sure you guys are right about the emg's. I pulled the neck off last night, the neck pocket is painted just like the body, white with clear coat, no writing. Should there be some writing in the neck pocket? The back of the neck is stamped SCOTT ZIMMERMAN, I doubt if that's anything odd, but it's the only 'id' I can find that the guitar has, so I thought I'd mention it.
                        I've got about a dozen USA Hamers, those seem to be about as low priced as anything known on the used market. A Hamer with a similar neck (boomerang inlays) would be $600 minimum, I think USA Jacksons are generally more valuable than Hamers, that's the only real pricing knowledge I have to start with.
                        Of course if it's a mutt, Japan body w/ USA neck, that would hurt the value quite a bit. It seems unlikely that somebody would mate those two together, but I suppose anything is possible. Any possibility that it could have been an employee guitar or 'semi-custom' with some graphic? It is a low #, 0002xx (indicating non-custom shop, 1990 Ontario from what I've read). From what I know of Hamers, there's all sorts of anomalies from the normal models.

Comment

It's definitely 24.75 scale, and on closer inspection the emg wires are just a bit too long to be factory IMO, - I'm sure you guys are right about the emg's. I pulled the neck off last night, the neck pocket is painted just like the body, white with clear coat, no writing. Should there be some writing in the neck pocket? The back of the neck is stamped SCOTT ZIMMERMAN, I doubt if that's anything odd, but it's the only 'id' I can find that the guitar has, so I thought I'd mention it.
                          I've got about a dozen USA Hamers, those seem to be about as low priced as anything known on the used market. A Hamer with a similar neck (boomerang inlays) would be $600 minimum, I think USA Jacksons are generally more valuable than Hamers, that's the only real pricing knowledge I have to start with.
                          Of course if it's a mutt, Japan body w/ USA neck, that would hurt the value quite a bit. It seems unlikely that somebody would mate those two together, but I suppose anything is possible. Any possibility that it could have been an employee guitar or 'semi-custom' with some graphic? It is a low #, 0002xx (indicating non-custom shop, 1990 Ontario from what I've read). From what I know of Hamers, there's all sorts of anomalies from the normal models.
                          The MIJ body and neck would have stamped info on the neck pocket and the bottom end of the neck heel such as abbreviation of the model number. USA body and neck would have scribblings such as the work order number. They do not paint the neck pocket either way......There should be wood showing....This may be another indication that the body has been refinished........................

Comment

Gil, there is no evidence that the body is Japanese, no way can you tell just by looking.

Comment

Working...
                            X