No announcement yet.

'92 SL-1 Don't Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True true, are those guitar a bit "rare"?

Comment

Originally posted by Razor X View Post
      True true, are those guitar a bit "rare"?
      simply put, yeah
      Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I see

Does anyone know from which kind of wood those '93 soloist' were made? My guess is alder?

I have a '95 Jackson SL Pro does this usa SL-1 '93 have the same neck profile? Because I like the feel of my custom with a std. SL-1 neck much better, I guess it more rounder/chunky hehe.

I've read some stories about the quality of today's Soloist'. Would you guys pick a '93 Don't Smoke over a 2007 Bengal Yellow?
        Last edited by Razor X; 12-02-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor X View Post
          I see

Does anyone know from which kind of wood those '93 soloist' were made? My guess is alder?

I have a '95 Jackson SL Pro does this usa SL-1 '93 have the same neck profile? Because I like the feel of my custom with a std. SL-1 neck much better, I guess it more rounder/chunky hehe.

I've read some stories about the quality of today's Soloist'. Would you guys pick a '93 Don't Smoke over a 2007 Bengal Yellow?
          Should be alder. Neck profiles in the early 90s were very slim. I'd take an early 90s soloist over a new Jackson. The wood was better (no ruddy looking ebony) the graphic would be a custom shop option and probably make it "master build" and the fretwork was way better back then. If you hate used gear, then buy a new one. If you like quality guitars, buy the 93 IMO.
          Last edited by MEX3; 12-02-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Many of the graphics from the '90s were not a Custom Shop option. They had a few done by a given artist and then several copies done by their own guys. I had two Color Dragons that had noticeable differences in color and style. One was signed by the artist and the other was not.

That serial number is a production model, not a Custom Shop. It's possible that it started out as a standard Soloist and was later sent to Dan Lawrence or another artist for the graphic, but I'd be willing to bet such was not the case.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
              Should be alder. Neck profiles in the early 90s were very slim. I'd take an early 90s soloist over a new Jackson. The wood was better (no ruddy looking ebony) the graphic would be a custom shop option and probably make it "master build" and the fretwork was way better back then. If you hate used gear, then buy a new one. If you like quality guitars, buy the 93 IMO.
              I see the frets on my SL PRO from '95 are quite flat/wide. I'm seriously considering of buying that guitar. I just like the rounder shape neck better and prefer a OFR(pro).

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Many of the graphics from the '90s were not a Custom Shop option. They had a few done by a given artist and then several copies done by their own guys. I had two Color Dragons that had noticeable differences in color and style. One was signed by the artist and the other was not.

That serial number is a production model, not a Custom Shop. It's possible that it started out as a standard Soloist and was later sent to Dan Lawrence or another artist for the graphic, but I'd be willing to bet such was not the case.
                I see, and why are you certain that this one isn't airbrushed by Dan? The name of the painter should be mentioned in the trem cav. right?

The skull (with red eyes in this case) of this graphic look a bit different then the other "don't smoke" jobs I've seen.

Comment

cool. that is the first time I've seen one of these "don't smoke" graphics. wild

Comment

All of the production USA models of that time period were poplar body with maple necks. Many variations on the graphic, here's a Fusion I used to own:
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                    X