Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for a DK1

Hey guys,
    There doesn't seem to be too much info on DK1's so I thought I'd ask for your help. I was wondering what peoples opinions of the DK1 were, and what is an appropriate price for a used model? (ghost flames).
    Thanks!
    Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM.

I'm debating on buying one myself. I'm trying to choose between a DK1 and an ESP MII maple board with Duncans, although I have never played either. I can't help you with a review, but you can get a new DK1 for $1500 if you call around. A used one will cost you $1000.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Wow, I didn't know they were that cheap new (with the right searching). The guy wants $1300, mint OHSC

Comment

I love my DK1. I have bought it knew back in 2004. Have had no issues with the exception of the pickup selector. But that is very minor imo. Mine is all black with EMGs in it. I will most likely buy a second one with a different pickup setup in the future. To me its the neck that makes the deal for me. I played a lot of guitars before I dropped the $ on this one. The neck felt perfect for my playing style and so on.

Let me know if you have any direct questions about it. I will do my best to answer you. Take it easy.

Comment

BTW, mine had a $1600 sticker on it at the music shop. I payed $1000 for it new because he had been unable to move in the small town he was set up at. Good price for a new one if you ask me. I still kick my self for passing on a USA soloist candy apple red when he closed his store. Brand new for $600!!!!! Please no hate mail.

Comment

Originally posted by dk1ben View Post
            BTW, mine had a $1600 sticker on it at the music shop. I payed $1000 for it new because he had been unable to move in the small town he was set up at. Good price for a new one if you ask me. I still kick my self for passing on a USA soloist candy apple red when he closed his store. Brand new for $600!!!!! Please no hate mail.

Interested in a dk1 myself. Any info that can be posted would be great.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

There's one in Sound Control, Leicester, UK. Its got a Snakeskin finish, but £1800 is expensive.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have an 04 DK1 black ghost flames, and i love it .. its got my favourite neck that jackson makes , and i love EMGs. Im super happy with it . i picked mine up used for 1300 w/OHSC and i searched quite abit if you find one cheaper than that its probably not in great condition.

Comment

Just got a DK-1 shipped from America for almost bang on £1000 so don't pay £1800 in Leicester.

I have a Japanese Soloist from 15 years ago with active pic ups which I still love and an RR1 I bought earlier this year. I love the through necks on these guitars but so far haven't been held back by the bolt on on the Dinky (although the wood finish on the back seems strange) I had the DK-1 set up in drop C with heavier strings for mostly rhythm playing and to scare the neighbours so I can't really compare playability except that even with the higher action I can't put the guitar down, it's great. The finish is great too. I think the biggest question about a DK-1 is the choice of pick ups, the EMG's seem to do exactly what you would expect, crisp and with good separation (is that the right word, I'm new to this?) despite the high output but to my ears my RR1 sounds better for tone but is tamer. I'm happy with both but I bought two guitars with different pickup deliberately to have a range of sounds. If you are just going for one guitar it would be more critical. Personally (although I've only had a few hours with the DK-1) I'd probably get a Soloist instead of a Dinky. I didn't have the luxury of playing lots of guitars to pick out the best but I knew what I wanted and so far haven't been disappointed. Then again I haven't spent a lot of time tweaking sounds so somebody more experienced may be able to give better advice.

Happy shopping

Comment

Working...
                  X