90s soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s soloist

Had my hopes up that I was going to snag a 90s soloist 1 single 1 hum yellow sparkle body and headstock face, ebony board the whole deal right?
    Well I give it the once over black binding cool nice MOP inlays paint was nice lots of sparkle.Schaller floyd top mount with the up-pull route cool.
    The guitar plays like shit the frets looked like they had been hammered back down tons of glue on the fretboard chips in the fretboard file marks everywhere and a giant hump in the fretboard at the 12th fret.
    Not a $1599.00 guitar not a $500.00 guitar IMO I told the guy that and no thanks.He said out the door $1450.00?I
    kept on walking.
    I guess I could put another $250 in a fingerboard level and new frets but for that price I just can't see it at $500.00 yeah I'd buy it.Sheez some dealers have their head up their ass.
    Last edited by straycat; 12-06-2007, 12:27 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Sounds like one abused puppy.
    I would have walked too.
    -Rick

Comment

It has the looks thats for sure the black binding and black logo on the yellow sparkle just kicks ass.It still had the mid boost but the bridge pickup had been changed no big deal there I have a box full of Jackson pickups.
      Some dolt put a five way switch in place of the 3 way but again not a big deal.I would have order it with a toggle not a slide but thats just me.
      It just kills me they are letting it sit there and rot and don't want to fix it.Maybe the hump could be sanded down or steamed down but ebony likes to crack too easy.
      Last edited by straycat; 12-06-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Is a schaller Floyd usual on early 90's jacksons"

Comment

Yes They are just as good as an OFR some like them better.Made in Germany.

Comment

Didn't know that

Mine has a schaller...

Comment

My 89 USA dinky has one too.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Yes They are just as good as an OFR some like them better.Made in Germany.
                The OFRs are made by Schaller too. They're made in the same factory. I prefer the Shaller or Floyd Rose 2, as they call it.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Just look for the made in Germany stamp next to the bar.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                  X