Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV 2 Input please.

Does anyone have any opinions of the new 2007 USA king V's

Are they good guitars? Is the neck as nice as older models?

Are the new Fender Produced jacksons the same as the Jacksons from 2005 downward?

Yes, yes and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Yes, yes and yes.
      Ditto!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        Yes, yes and yes.

LOL

Comment

The only difference I can think of to me is cosmetic. Sometime ago the headstock logo was changed from printed style to pearl inlay or (Abalone on Custom Shop requests). Which in my opinion was an inprovement.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
            The only difference I can think of to me is cosmetic. Sometime ago the headstock logo was changed from printed style to pearl inlay or (Abalone on Custom Shop requests). Which in my opinion was an inprovement.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
              That change happened many years ago, well before the FMIC buyout.

Comment

Also, when you say "older", if you go as far back as the 80's, there are major differences. Poplar, kahlers, Jackson pickups, fingerboard radius, etc. But....good luck finding one of those!

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine is an 07 model and its the best damn guitar i've ever owned
                  ----------
                  Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

mines an '06, honestly dont know if theres a difference between '06 and '07. if there isnt, then go to your your local shop and give them any amount they want for it because it will be the best guitar you will ever own.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                      mines an '06, honestly dont know if theres a difference between '06 and '07. if there isnt, then go to your your local shop and give them any amount they want for it because it will be the best guitar you will ever own.

There's a gunmetal silver one at my local guitar store...

I'm thinking that boxing day is a good day to attack it.

Comment

My KV2 is the best Jackson I've owned. And thats saying something.
                        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

The 2007 KV2 I just picked up has finish issues on the front of the headstock similar to the problems we saw on some of the new Charvel pointies. All along under the logo where the black face and binding meet up. It is hard to tell if it is those tiny bubbles in the clear or finish lifting.

Other than that, it is a great guitar. Plays, sounds, looks great.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                            The 2007 KV2 I just picked up has finish issues on the front of the headstock similar to the problems we saw on some of the new Charvel pointies. All along under the logo where the black face and binding meet up. It is hard to tell if it is those tiny bubbles in the clear or finish lifting.

Other than that, it is a great guitar. Plays, sounds, looks great.
                            really

I had the same problem with a 1994 Soloist that I just soled. the area under the headstock between the bindings and the jackson logo was "ever so slightly" beginning to lift. YOu could only tell if you touched it very carefully.

Is your's peeling off,,or does it just have a few air bubbles, because the head stock on newer jaclsons has quite a thick layer of clear coat. It's possible that a few air bubbles got trapped inside.

Comment

I would love to try one out, but the only KVs anybody stocks by me are the shitty JS30 series Jacksons.
                              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
                              X