Jackson now has ME angry !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson now has ME angry !

Yesterday, I go to order a new WR1 with EDS finish and find out they're no longer available ! WTF ?!!!! You can get EDS in just about everything else but not a Warrior ? I am fuckin' pissed. I can understand ending a finish for all models, but why just selectively ? FMIC officially sucks.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Call and ask thats what I would do.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Buy a used one. New ones are too much money anyway,
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm stunned.

Comment

sounds like a temper tantrum
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
            sounds like a temper tantrum
            Yup, I'm having a tantrum. It'd be different if I was told they weren't available when I asked. But I placed the order then was called back and told they weren't available. I shoulda made that clear in my original post. Still, it seems kinda dumb to me to cancel finishes just on a certain model. Adding a new graphic would be a trade off, but even that isn't happening.

If I could locate a used one, I would buy it. Rather have a virgin, but I'd be happy with a used one in good shape.

Comment

The EDS finish was not all that cool close up at least on the production guitars.JMO.
              Now the ones done by that girl over in the U.K. look very nice.
              More vibrant color wise.
              I've done 3 and and wasn't real happy with the out come.
              Last edited by straycat; 12-09-2007, 07:02 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The EDS on my USA Soloist is very dark and can only be appreciated when there is a lot of light shinning on the guitar. From what I understand, the reason for this way so that the guitar/finish would like great on stage when lights are hitting in. If you're just playing the guitar in your room, the EDS effect is nill. The import EDS do look 100% better.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Sure this isn't the dealer just telling you no as they don't want to order one? Call around or contact Fender before getting PO'd at them. Not to mention they may well of discontinued it because it wasn't selling in Warriors and cost more then ti was worth it for them to do it. Can't fault them for that.

Comment

eerie dess = crackle for the 2000s.

you're better off.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                      Sure this isn't the dealer just telling you no as they don't want to order one? Call around or contact Fender before getting PO'd at them. Not to mention they may well of discontinued it because it wasn't selling in Warriors and cost more then ti was worth it for them to do it. Can't fault them for that.
                      Nah, its not the dealer. He's got a great rep, especially on here. It'd be nice if that was the case, though.

I had a '93 RR1 with EDS finish and I thought it looked great. I was just really hoping to get my favorite body style with it. I'm very disappointed right now is all. I have no idea what my second choice would be. Of the graphics available, I have the ones I like already. If the Trans Blue came with gold hardware, I'd go for that.

Crackle for the 2000's ? Even though I really like the finish, I hafta admit that was a good one.

Comment

i kinda dig it too, but just watch; it's going to look really dated in general in about 5 years or so.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                          The import EDS do look 100% better.
                          I don't like the look of the import EDS... too bright, and too much pink instead or purple.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check the summer 2007 price list on the Jackson site to see just how much of this they have done. I wanted a KE2 with nebula and GC told me I couldn't order it with that finish anymore. I emailed Bionic and he confirmed that they discontinued nebula for Kellys. The only place I've seen with the correct and current finish options is the price list. I'm still a little pissed about it. I do agree with what others have said though. A graphic can be a bit of a draw back. Many of them will look dated at some point. The production graphics also kind of defeat the purpose of having something unique since there aren't that many of them to choose from. I may end up being glad that I was forced to pick something else. I won't know for sure if I never even get to see what a Kelly would look like with a nebula graphic.

Comment

I tried to order a Blue Ghost Flame in a WR-1 about a month ago and had the exact same thing happen. The dealer called his rep to place the order and was informed that they no longer offer the finish in a Warrior. I was really looking forward to getting one, I have all the other body styles in BGF and was finally ready for the Warrior and now this, I feel your pain dude!

So now what? Its not like there are a lot of used Warriors anyway let alone with graphics....oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X