Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pickup in soloist

Hi everyone!
    has anybody tried a Dimarzio Tone-Zone in a neck-thru soloist?
    i see on their web site it has fat and beefy sound( what i'm looking for...by the way)

but isn't it getting muddy on lower strings?,
    i see many people put Duncan Distortion in the bridge in Soloist, but i see it's way too trebly(according to their website chart), considering that a maple neck-thru is a trebly guitar by itself...it must be too trebly combination...

opinions?

thanx
    Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Hi,
    tried Tone Zone and settled for Duncan Distortion in my Charvel 650xl
    TZ was too mudy and bassy.DD works much better for my setup and is not too trebly at all.
    A lot of guys also like Duncan Custom so...
    Its a hard choice..

Comment

I love the Tone Zone. I've got one in my Charvel Star at the moment, sounds better than the Duncan Custom 5 it came with. Though, the guitar is a bolt-on maple neck/maple board with alder body. I also had a TZ in a '94 string-thru Dinky HX which was a poplar body (similar in tone to alder) and I also loved it in that.
      I think JBs are a little too much in the treble and high mids, and that a TZ would be perfect for what you want... more low mids and bass, no mud.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a TZ in a model 6 and loved it.

Comment

I have a Purple burst SL2H with Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge, Air Norton in the neck. The volume knob is a push/pull coil tap. Most of my guitars have Duncans in them but I'm liking this Dimarzio combo more and more through my Bogner Uberschall or Randall RM100. Two weekends ago I used 3 other Jacksons for our gig along with this one. The others had Duncan Distortion/Duncan Pearly Gates or Distortion/59 or JB/59 combos in them. I have to say that on that night the Dimarzios cut through the mix better yet were more saturated and clearer at the same time. I may be going more and more to this combo in the future. The only thing it sounded muddy through was my little Line 6 Spider amp which is at home just for general noodling around with. Through nice tube amps the Tone Zone rocked!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have a Purple burst SL2H
            I love purple bursts!

Comment

thanx
              Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                I love purple bursts!
                I don't have pix of it on my Photobucket account yet except for a couple shots taken live two weeks ago, but I will get some soon. It also has purple/black pickups in it as well
                Here are the recent live shots of it in use doing 80's hard rock covers:

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

love the guitar, and the ones on the rack too

but i could do with out the leather pants:ROTF:

(just kidding)

Comment

That guitar rules!! Was that the one that was owned by other members here, Tim Krueger and Fritz Reiser?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      That guitar rules!! Was that the one that was owned by other members here, Tim Krueger and Fritz Reiser?
                      Yep, the very same one! In fact that guitar is so stable I have now played it three shows in a row and the tuning is spot on every time I check it before going onstage even though it was not touched in between shows.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Countach View Post
                        love the guitar, and the ones on the rack too

but i could do with out the leather pants:ROTF:

(just kidding)
                        Its all about the 80's! Gotta have leather, gotta have snakeskin
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          Yep, the very same one! In fact that guitar is so stable I have now played it three shows in a row and the tuning is spot on every time I check it before going onstage even though it was not touched in between shows.
                          Sweet. I remembered the black and purple pickups and wanting that guitar really bad but didn't have the cash at the time.

Comment

Never had a soloist that was "trebely".Model 6s aren't either.I would call them mid range tone wise.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I don't have pix of it on my Photobucket account yet except for a couple shots taken live two weeks ago, but I will get some soon. It also has purple/black pickups in it as well
                              Here are the recent live shots of it in use doing 80's hard rock covers:
                              Thanks for the pics

Comment

Working...
                              X