No announcement yet.

I decided to buy a RR1....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I should just go out and get it then?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Støtter deg hundre prosent Morten, har nettopp lagt på røret med Matt's Music og bestilt en helt lik gitar men med string-thru bridge

er det ti tusen du får den får? bra pris, brukt Jackson bruker å være dyrt i Norge det lille jeg har sett av dem...

hilsen Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
        So I should just go out and get it then?
        If not, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
          Støtter deg hundre prosent Morten, har nettopp lagt på røret med Matt's Music og bestilt en helt lik gitar men med string-thru bridge

er det ti tusen du får den får? bra pris, brukt Jackson bruker å være dyrt i Norge det lille jeg har sett av dem...

hilsen Rune.
          Jepp, ti lapper...Kan nesten ikke si nei da! Hvor mye regner du med å måtte gi hos Matt?(Har pratet med han også jeg ser du!

Comment

Originally posted by kruneh View Post
            If not, let me know
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
              Why?
              Fordi jeg regner med at selger fortsatt vil selge, og jeg vil da være interessert.
              Men jeg kan ikke se noen grunn til at du skulle la denne slippe unna, så kjør på!!

Comment

It's the right thing to do! Sell your blood if you have to, it's totally worth it. Since I've gotten my RR1, I can't even think about playing my old Gibsons. They're busy getting cleaned up for the auction block to make room for more Jacksons!
                The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Buy it

I love my RR1. I'm not so keen sitting but its the most comfortable guitar ever to play standing up (for me). Its the only guitar I use both pickups it sounds so good.

Good luck

Comment

No regrets

Congradulations on your purchase.
                    I bought my USA RR1 back in the late 90's. To me, it's the ultimate rock guitar. As soon as I saw it, I was like a junkie needing a fix...I HAD to have one. I did the pickguard, truss cover, and pinstriping (adhesive) myself. It's sooo sweet to play. I got the Y2K to keep it company!!!

Comment

LOL, too bad someone defaced the Y2KV. :ROTF:
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'd like to get a y2kv, too bad they're way to pricey!!

Comment

I love my RR1...It's tits. I would only consider buying another guitar if I can get a 24 fret USA RR1 CS. But I guess I am shit out of luck because if you disagree with someone you get banned from classifieds for all of eternity. Cause you know that's how we roll.
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Haha!

I bought the RR1 today!! I had to drive for 5 hours roundtrip to get it, because they guy didn't have a drivers licence - but he took 100 bucks off the price because I did so..I don't mind driving so - money saved!

When I got to inspect the guitar, it had a ding through to the wood on the back of the top wing - but I can live with that..What's worse was that it had finish checking (is that what you call it?) between the paint and the binding on the bass side on the first to second fret. The seller said he'd taken the guitar to a store and they assured him that it wouldn't be a problem, there was no damage to the fretboard..I was kinda pissed off, because he didn't mention this when I called him about the guitar..I'll take it to somebody who knows what they're doing and get it fixed up..

Because of the checking, I managed to talk the price down an additional 300 bucks, so I ended up paying 1500 usd with a Jackson case, Planet Waves strap and assorted guitar polishes and oils..

You guys in the States probably think I overpayed with the checking and stuff, but it seems very stable to me and I don't see fixing it as a big problem, as long as I can find somebody to fix it..
                            RR1's are pretty rare over here, and I guess I payed probably half of what I'd end up paying elsewhere..

I'm happy!

Comment

And oh, the serial is: U14656 - that means it's not a 2006, right?

Comment

Man, I feel like I've come home with this guitar! It just absolutely rips! There's so much bite in the sound of this thing! I just cant wait to put a fresh set of strings on it and just play!

Yes, it even sounds good with crappy strings! I now see that wood has got a lot to say on the sound, my Explorer with the JB/Jazz-combo doesn't sound halfway as nasty as the RR!!

Comment

Working...
                                X