After a long wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a long wait...

I finally got myself a dk1. (thanks Matt at OnlineStageGear.com) It's a burnt cherry sunburst finish. The feel is awesome! After playing a DK2M for some time however, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the EMG p'ups....don't get me wrong, they are nice, but I think I prefer the duncans.

Anyways, here's some picks...

The headstock...

The floyd...

And now it with the family...

I'm loving the look and feel of the dk1!
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Before you give up on the EMGs you should try a 85 in the bridge it is so much better than a 81. And nice guitar!

Comment

nice congrats on the new axe
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats - great looking guitar.

And agreed on the EMGs - I'm not a fan. Don't be afraid of swapping them out for some 'cans or 'zos.

Comment

Nice

I used to have a blue one a few years ago..

Great guitar..

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
            Before you give up on the EMGs you should try a 85 in the bridge it is so much better than a 81. And nice guitar!

I noticed that the neck p'up has a "bolder" (if I may call it that) output than the bridge. I do like the sound of the neck p'up more, but in it's position, it has a somewhat heavy bottom sound. Would that change if it was placed at the bridge?

I just think that the duncan p'up's have a brighter and crisper sound to them...but I'm sure all would be ok if I just give it time....we'll see.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Love that color..nice work!

Comment

that is nice especially the headstock. not so keen on the body - just alittle orang for me. would look aweome as a top with a mahogany body and binding

Comment

that fender one hum is interesting

Comment

Nice looking guitar. OSG rules

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      that is nice especially the headstock. not so keen on the body - just alittle orang for me. would look aweome as a top with a mahogany body and binding

I think the flash makes it look brighter than it really is....here's a non-flashed picture...

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      that fender one hum is interesting

I've only ever seen one other like it, in a root beer type color. (the color I actually wanted)

It's a japanese fender made back in the 80's. It has a Fender System I tremolo bridge and a D'Marzio super distortion p'up. (which I had put in shortly after I bought it) I'm the original owner and have ahd it since the mid 80's or so....my first REAL guitar.

Here's a link with some info if you're interested...

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/history.htm

EDIT: PS: it is an actual fender stratocaster, not a squire.
                      Last edited by stevoc; 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Very nice DK's. love your color choices. If you decide to try the 85 in the bridge, its an easy swap. The EMGs have plugins on the back. Just FYI

Comment

Nice DK1 you have there. I have one in Trans-Blue. I am with you on the EMG's. I might swap a set of Blackouts in their place. On my guitar the neck P/U was quite a bit louder (higher output) so I raised the bridge one and got them more balanced. I absolutely love the neck shape and finish on this guitar. Enjoy!
                          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post

Made the switch a few days ago....I agree, it does sound better with the 85 in the bridge. I even like the sound of the 81 in the neck...nice mid tones on leads.
                            Last edited by stevoc; 01-28-2008, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Nice one! Congrats! Now you just need another 85
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X