Want opinion on Jackson USA "Randy Rhoads" Signature Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want opinion on Jackson USA "Randy Rhoads" Signature Flying V

I am looking at a Jackson USA "Randy Rhoads" Signature Flying V. The guitar is made at the made in the san dimas factory. It is a 85-86 model year it is a neck through model. The guy says it is about a 8.5 out of 10 as far as condition. what do you think the value of this guitar would be worth? I am working on getting the serial number. I am going to look at it this week. Any help would be great.
    Dogue

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...QAdIdZ31371658

i wonder why he took out the "made in san dimas" line when he relisted it for $150 less....

Comment

I just saw it on craigslist but that is the same guitar.

Comment

When I hear san dimas factory I think Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
          http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...QAdIdZ31371658

i wonder why he took out the "made in san dimas" line when he relisted it for $150 less....

Looks like a student model..

Comment

if it is USA. it looks likeit has a rosewood board. At least it doesn in those pics. And wouldnt 85-86 make it a possable Ontario made piece?

Comment

Still waiting on more pics and serial number

Comment

I've talked to the guy about it; the Floyd was installed a few years ago. Before, it only had the string-thru tailpiece, which has been left on in the pics.

Comment

It is a student model, I have talked to him a couple times. There's an ad about it here somewhere and the consensus was it was about $600-800 value-wise. Seems like a decent guitar, im just holding out for sharkfins for my next USA rhoads!

Comment

Yeah; if it was stock, with the string-thru intact, I'd pay $800 for it, but modded with the Floyd, it's worth less. He's had it on there for a while, though; he's probably ready to get rid of it.

Comment

That's still a hot guitar - if I were in the market for a Floyd'ed RR I'd offer him 700 and see what he says

Comment

I think it could be had for about that right now.

Comment

Serial number rr1064

Comment

'85... Hmm.... If you think 700's worth it, then go for it. If the Floyd was installed by someone credible, then it'll work really well.

Comment

Just make sure that the floyd was professionally installed, not like my friends modded 70s strat which was impossible to intonate.

It should be a kickass guitar if everything's ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X