No announcement yet.

Choosing a finish for a USA Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilkinsi if you buy it from US you will at least save 5 600 quid after taxes... might as well give some hard time to your mum.
    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I always thought the Nebula finish looked good. I haven't been able to find anybody who has any Jacksons in Quicksilver, but I went ahead and ordered a KV2 in Quicksilver so in a few months I will see what it looks like.
      Last edited by themisfit138; 12-20-2007, 12:48 AM.

Comment

ghost flsmes are pretty nice

Comment

wtf are you guys talking about?!??? WR1's have always looked their most fukkin awesome in SISSY PINK!!!!!!!!

"It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

trans finish?
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Definately order from the US. I've done it this year and have no regrets (although the savings are so big I keep looking for the next guitar...). The shipping company pay the duty for you, you just need to know that you'll have to stump up the extra cash when you collect.

Good luck

Comment

I agree , get one from a US dealer (or ebay US), you will save a fortune. Its really easy, you just pay the shipper / courier the VAT tax / duty when delivered. I think the cost is calculated as follows (guitar + 3.7% ish duty + shipping cost) then add VAT to the whole lot (yes VAT on the duty tax that has already been added). So you would pay approx £1300-1400 (current xchange rates) compared to 1899 in shop. Just depends on the exchange rate Check HM Customs web site for info. There was a nice graphic warrior on ebay uk recently, seems to have disspaeared now though..

Comment

A fellow JCF'er has kindly offered to sell me his at the end of Jan. YAY! You Americans are such nice people!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If I'd have a Wr1, I'd take it either Nebula, Trans blue with flame maple top OR I admit the black ghost flame posted earlier in this topic rocks too

Comment

(function(){ var c = ebay.oDocument.addConfig(new EbayConfig("LeftNav")); c.sContentUrl = "http://promo.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewCategoryList&storeid=204758"; c.iWidth = 170; c.sFrameName = "SSFrame"; ebay.oDocument._getControl("IFrame_AutoResize").wr iteContainer(c); })();

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If you don't mind waiting a few extra months for it, make up your own graphics..... or try a Blood Drip!
                        Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Don't like "Blood drip". Looks tacky to me. A WR1 in tobacco sunburst with black or gold hardware, or black with gold pinstripes, or snakeskin, or even yellow bengal would've been nice. I saw a KE2 in BGLY on Ebay, but won't have the money til end-Jan. (Equally, there are some really nice Warrior Pro's out there. I was once offered a WR-Pro, but it was red. I'm not gonna go Custom Shop or pay stupid money to a luthier to repaint it). So until that happens, I'm gonna wait for this Nebula WR1.
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-24-2007, 08:28 PM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Do graphic finishes ever appear reversed on USA Selects? The milky way on a photoshop or stock photo is on the upper rear fin, but the one I'm going for has it on the lower front horn.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The nebula looks nice....get it if YOU like it.

Silver swirl looks good too....I got a KE2 with that scheme....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

For what it's worth, I wish I had held out for a white or flamed RR1 rather than jumping on a black one as soon as I had the cash. Oh well, it's still an amazing guitar

Comment

Working...
                                X