Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official - FMIC/Jackson is on Crack !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official - FMIC/Jackson is on Crack !

Just cruising eBay auctions this morning and there are bunches of new USA Jackson Customs up for sale priced at $6000-7000+ ! Are they nuts? I don't know who's been hitting the crack pipe more, FMIC or the dumb dealers who bought these guitars. Between these, the insanely priced Grover Jackson models and $20+K EVH guitars, FMIC is officially a crack dealer. Anyone dumb enough to spend this kind of money on a Jackson deserves the 80% depreciation hit they are going to take within 1 year.

Jackson guitars will NEVER be thought of or valued like a vintage Gibson or Strat. The collector audience is just way, way too small. Not saying I'd ever be caught dead with a Gibson or Fender, surely not but geez !

When Jackson made the 200 Rhoads LTD's in 1992, didn't they promise they would NEVER be made again? WTF ??? FMIC shitcanned the promises and now we have more new LTD's on eBay for over 7 Grand.

I guess my days of buying new USA made guitars is officially over. The pricing has just gone insane.
    Last edited by guitarzan2; 12-29-2007, 07:39 AM.

I agree with you. A few years ago I ordered a CS Jackson and I think I paid a fair price for it. I certainly got what I wanted. A few months later I asked my dealer what would the "ballpark" price would be for the same guitar now but with the colors reversed? He said roughly now double..............WHAT!!! For Fuckin what? That is just stupid. i would have gladly paid a little more, but twice what I paid a few months before....FUCK-THAT. Now they just priced themselves out of a sale. I know may dealers have lost lots of CS orders because of this. Does it make sence to sell far less guitars at a higher price or more guitars at a lower price? I don't know, I'm just a dumb ass who works in a foundry who want's another cool guitar and not a financial wizard. I would think you would want to keep business going. i can see there being a meeting at FMIC about pulling the plug on Jackson because they don't sell and nobody want's them....No-we can't afford them anymore.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

With the US $ so low, they must be selling over seas. I'd never buy a new Jackson at those prices. Throw in the fact that from what I've seen here, their custom shop guitars have at least a 50% chance of not being built to spec and I'll just keep buying the older ones.

Comment

Hence the only USA's I'll be buying will be used.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Dang I wonder where those new Mike Learn jobs are going to be priced...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Dang I wonder where those new Mike Learn jobs are going to be priced...
            The stratosphere. :ROTF:

I only buy used now. Sorry, but I'll let someone else take the hit.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

People/companies don't listen to complaining - just vote with your wallet and be done with it. These threads aren't productive. The threads about cheaper custom alternatives, on the other hand, are worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                The stratosphere. :ROTF:

I only buy used now. Sorry, but I'll let someone else take the hit.
                Same here. I look for stuff that's only a year or two old and "only played once or twice and put back in the case"

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  People/companies don't listen to complaining - just vote with your wallet and be done with it. These threads aren't productive. The threads about cheaper custom alternatives, on the other hand, are worthwhile.
                  +1, Yeah, look at what they did with the Grover Jackson "Reissue's". They had to drop the prices, because not where being sold at the insane price. Ha, and I heard Grover moved on once again. I think he is an industry floating consultant nowadays.

Just hold on to your wallets and watch the prices drop!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I agree. My dream guitar is a slightly altered KV-2. But with the new pricing it'd be more than double the price of a standard KV-2 just for 3 changes. I guess I'll have to find a cheaper CS such as Ran to build me the guitar I want for a reasonable price.

Comment

I'm extremely disappointed at how uch the Jackson CS models are. I can understand $3500 for some really speced out guitars, but when i see guitars that are $6999 and $5999, it's just insane to me. It sucks because i wasn't old enough to look at custom shop models when they were affordable and now that I could afford a $3000 guitar, there's no way I can get it because it would run me $6000 or more! I'm not gonna pay for a $6000 custom when I can get 3 or 4 used USA models in mint/near mint condition. I'll sacrifice my dream guitar for 4 awesome used USA models anyday.

Comment

I think it's been said best "Vote with your wallet". I really really want another CS or 2, but the prices are waay too much. I could understand a little if the orginal San Dimas models were fetching $20-30k, but our group does not pay that much at all. I think the most I have ever seen C/J's go for is $5-7k tops once or twice. Plus the value is kinda dumb on some stuff. $7000 for a USA select model because Mike Learn did a kick ass paint job? Thats like saying there is $5500 in paint on it. That is GARBAGE!!! No offence to Mike thought.
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I Love Jackson, but ESP here I come. lol
                          "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

no, they're not selling overseas, because that $ sign on the pricetag, just gets converted into the € sign, which means we pay almost twice as much.

usa jacksons dont sell a whole lot in europe. too expencive. besides we've got some kickass small time luthiers that make the same quality instrument for MUCH less
                            Last edited by Davey; 12-29-2007, 04:43 PM.
                            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                              I Love Jackson, but ESP here I come. lol
                              LOL.
                              The Deans look like a bargain compared to the Jacksons.:ROTF:
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAN-USA-DAVE-MU...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                              X