Where in the UK can i....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the UK can i....

go into a store and actually see some USA jacksons for and get a nice finance deal and walk out the same day with one??

We were talking about it the other day.

Cant remember seeing a USA Jackson in a store let alone cant even see decent imports. Is it the same in London?

Jacksonwise.... UK sucks.
    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Sounds Great in Heald Green, Manchester.

Comment

My local has..ermmm 3 USA Jacksons.

They don't have much, but they have good prices and are very nice people.

Comment

As Sean said there are a few at Sounds Great just outside Manchester.
          I was in Dawsons in Manchester yesterday when the other half was doing the sales and they had a few Jacksons in there not many but I think there were 4 USAs, a soloist, RR, and a VK. Buggered if I can remember what the other one was.

You've also got two Sound Control stores in Manchester, a small one and a massive one. I've not been in these for a while so I have no idea if they are carrying USA Jacksons.

Good luck!
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

There's a DK1 in Snakeskin in Leicester, Sound Control. They're charging £1800 for it though...
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My advice mate is to take a sack of cash to a guitar expo like the London Guitar show or Music live Birmingham or whatever. They dont like to take guitars home and you can get some good deals.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Have a look down Demark Street off of Charring Cross road in London, there are about 10 guitar shops, all selling a host of different guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                  Have a look down Demark Street off of Charring Cross road in London, there are about 10 guitar shops, all selling a host of different guitars.
                  Last time I was up in London, went into one of those shops and the guy behind the counter didn't even know what a Jackson was (said shop just had Fenders & Gibsons).

Turnkey / Soho Soundhouse had the odd USA Jackson (and US Charvel) a while back.

Funnily enough, I went into my local music shop (Gloucester) yesterday (to get 4yo daughter a harmonica!) and was amazed to be greeted by a few Japanese Jacksons inc RR5 and a Kelly Skulls, which I was VERY tempted by. Got talking to the guy about US Jackons and he's approaching his supplier about availability and lead times, said he'd get back to me by end of next week........if so, I'll post the info here.

Comment

i'm in worcester....so yes that would be mighty handy if he can get it sorted!!

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
                      Last time I was up in London, went into one of those shops and the guy behind the counter didn't even know what a Jackson was (said shop just had Fenders & Gibsons).

Turnkey / Soho Soundhouse had the odd USA Jackson (and US Charvel) a while back.

Funnily enough, I went into my local music shop (Gloucester) yesterday (to get 4yo daughter a harmonica!) and was amazed to be greeted by a few Japanese Jacksons inc RR5 and a Kelly Skulls, which I was VERY tempted by. Got talking to the guy about US Jackons and he's approaching his supplier about availability and lead times, said he'd get back to me by end of next week........if so, I'll post the info here.
                      There's a shop in Dursley but I can't remember if he stocks Jacksons or not.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Even the guitar shop in Bluewater shopping centre has Jacksons, you must be trying too hard not to find them

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                          Even the guitar shop in Bluewater shopping centre has Jacksons, you must be trying too hard not to find them

A Jackson man In London..

I thought I was alone :ROTF:

Comment

Nope, we are both here

Bluewater isn't London, it's Kent, big difference, more green.
                            I'm actually in Kent but everyone knows London (even the Americans, even though they couldn't point to it on a map )

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                              I was in Dawsons in Manchester yesterday when the other half was doing the sales and they had a few Jacksons in there not many but I think there were 4 USAs, a soloist, RR, and a VK. Buggered if I can remember what the other one was.
                              Dawsons are advertising a few on their website:

As Thunderhead says, the UK sucks for US Jacksons - I've only seen a handful around the country in 20 years of looking.
                              Last edited by darrellm; 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X