Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I find out the specs of a Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I find out the specs of a Custom Shop?

I have a question about the Custom Shop stuff. In my new RR1 many of the specs are pretty much the same as regular RR1's but obviously there are other differences. Since the dealer didn't custom order it himself he's not really sure about every little detail. Does anyone know if you can give Jackson a serial number or something whereupon they'd have a record of the production order? I searched their website for contact info and if it's there, it is well hidden.

One weird thing is the volume knob. Turning it all the way to the left takes you to the "off" position as usual, but you can turn it just a hair more to the left and it jumps immediately back up to full volume. It's kind of a cool effect, much like toggling between pickups quickly. I'm curious if this is an intended feature or just a bad pot or something.

My guess, bad potentiometer.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd second the bad potentiometer.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like a bad pot. Without pics, it's difficult to make a call on the specs of your guitar, and now Jackson don't offer that sort of info. Bear in mind that an RR1 is a specific model, so if your's is a custom shop, it's really a Rhoads Custom!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
        X