Black hardware on transparent SL1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black hardware on transparent SL1??

Hi all...I'm new here, and am looking to buy an SL1 (or SL2?!?)....I've never had a Jackson before, but they are really winning me over, and I've enjoyed reading through this forum and hearing you guys talk about your Jacksons and seeing your great pictures.
    Question--is it possible to get black hardware on a transparent SL1 finish? The Jackson website says that the transparent SL1 comes with chrome hardware, but I saw a picture on here of one with black hardware (sorry original poster, but I don't remember your name!)...is that custom?

Also, if anyone wants to post pics of their transparent SL1's, I'd appreciate it....I can't decide on what color I want....I've searched some of the picture posts, and they look great!

Thanks!!

If you wanna know how your Soloist would look like in diff colours, go in the RESSOURCES SECTION of this website, there is a custom your guitar thingy that works pretty fine to get an idea, as for the Black hardware with the trans colours, I think its possible to get this on a USA select series without having to make it a CS guitar, but Im not sure

Comment

Probably just an upcharge of a hundred bucks or so. That's totally a guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
        as for the Black hardware with the trans colours, I think its possible to get this on a USA select series without having to make it a CS guitar, but Im not sure
        No, it's only available through the Custom Shop.
        If you want black hardware on a regular trans USA model, you'll have to buy aftermarket parts and do it yourself.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thx for the info

Comment

No problem. It would be nice if Jackson offered a choice of hardware color (like Carvin), but they don't.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                No problem. It would be nice if Jackson offered a choice of hardware color (like Carvin), but they don't.
                they should!
                I think black hardware looks better than chrome on trans black

Comment

Originally posted by axehunter View Post
                  Hi all...I'm new here, and am looking to buy an SL1 (or SL2?!?)....I've never had a Jackson before, but they are really winning me over, and I've enjoyed reading through this forum and hearing you guys talk about your Jacksons and seeing your great pictures.
                  Question--is it possible to get black hardware on a transparent SL1 finish? The Jackson website says that the transparent SL1 comes with chrome hardware, but I saw a picture on here of one with black hardware (sorry original poster, but I don't remember your name!)...is that custom?

Also, if anyone wants to post pics of their transparent SL1's, I'd appreciate it....I can't decide on what color I want....I've searched some of the picture posts, and they look great!

Thanks!!
                  Just get the chrome. Black hardware rusts and wears off, and gold tarnishes. Stick with the chrome. I'm not buiyng another guitar unless it has chrome hardware. I don't switch around parts much either, so.
                  Last edited by Holy Diver; 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM.
                  "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Thanks Holy Diver....I hadn't thought about the finish rubbing off....but I guess that makes sense...and I think a Floyd wouldn't look very good if half of the finish was worn off because of my hand resting on it....

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                      they should!
                      I think black hardware looks better than chrome on trans black
                      I think black hardware looks better on almost everything...

Comment

I'm a chrome fan. I have a natural finish (clear) SL2H Mahogany...I think it's the bee's knees as is.

Comment

Chrome or gold on trans-tops, chrome or black on solids & graphics. Generally speaking, though, I prefer chrome overall.

Comment

Chrome looks awesome on trans red and blue, especially

Comment

black ftw

Comment

Working...
                              X