Black hardware on transparent SL1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axehunter View Post
    Thanks Holy Diver....I hadn't thought about the finish rubbing off....but I guess that makes sense...and I think a Floyd wouldn't look very good if half of the finish was worn off because of my hand resting on it....
    No problem. Black looks cool, but chrome wears better, and looks cool too.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

I prefer black. Chrome just looks cheaper to me but, I definitely agree it's the most durable though. I'm pretty sure that there is no hardware color option when you buy one new. Here's a pic of my CSB SL1 with switched over black hardware. Excuse the color...it's hard to photograph this guitar indoors.

Last edited by Madness; 01-05-2008, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
        they should!
        I think black hardware looks better than chrome on trans black
        I think black hardware looks better than chrome, gold or brushed stainless on any color.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Chrome just looks cheap to me. It takes a good long time for black to 'wear off' and ultimately, chrome plating isn't 100% resilient either....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think black looks better when it's new; it does wear out much faster than chrome, though.
            Here's the bridge of my '89 Soloist. I think it looks pretty cool; it's been all torn apart and cleaned since this pic, though.

Comment

I actually like the patination on old black hardware (see above picture). So black ftw (in my opinion of course).

Comment

Chrome rocks on trans colors, though.
                "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

chrome plating isn't 100% resilient either....
                  You can say that again. Here is the bridge that came on my SL4. I bought the guitar brand new back in 00. This was after 2 months of play. I have never had this happen on any of my other guitars/bridges (black finish included).Now I am very meticulous about keeping my guitars clean and in working order and I wipe them down after every use so this was pretty dissapionting. I always wondered if it was just this particular bridge or if others have experienced this.

Comment

Working...
                  X