No announcement yet.

Show us your PC1 pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hard at all - they still have side dot markers. Feels no different to me.

Comment

I remember being real nervous about having no dots/markings on the fretboard when I bought my Schon back in the mid-80's.
      It took all of about 15 seconds to get over it, since it had the little markers on the side, where you need them.
      Damn I miss that axe
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

If you can't afford a PC1 like me get a PC3 and change the pickups or get a Model A+ you just get an ebony board instead on maple. Oh yeah and no sustainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neoclasiccl View Post

Originally posted by etohk View Post
          Heres mine

Awesome looking Guitars. Chlorine used to be such an great looking color, it's a shame they changed it. It still looks good, but it used to be such a cooler color with lots of depth to it.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Agreed, depends on how you look at it...heres another

Comment

"If you can't afford a PC1 like me get a PC3 and change the pickups or get a Model A+ you just get an ebony board instead on maple. Oh yeah and no sustainer"

I went through maybe a dozen various Charvel Model series guitars over the years (not to mention countless Strats and what not) and while they were all great, I am so glad that I cleaned house and went for one (actually now two..he he he!) PC1's

I will probably get hung for this statement but am I the only one who prefers the older Sears headstock and more importantly the single volume (no tone) version of the PC1?

I love my new one but sometimes its a little to busy with all the knobs and switches!
              Last edited by vklobucar; 01-06-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by etohk View Post
                Agreed, depends on how you look at it...heres another
                That angle of your guitar, shows it off perfectly. I wonder why they "turned it down" with that color, it was such a killer color.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I also prefer the flame maple fretboard to the quilt...I would grab a newer one in a flash tho! Gorgeous guitars...I feel guilty when I'm not playing it.
                  Last edited by etohk; 01-06-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                    That angle of your guitar, shows it off perfectly. I wonder why they "turned it down" with that color, it was such a killer color.
                    I heard it had something to do with an environmental regulation in Cali and the type of stain being used. My half-@ssed interpretaion of that is the reg change increased the cost for that type of stain, and J/C started using a different cheaper material for production guitars that doesn't produce as much 3D depth. In fact, it seems more opaque than the old stuff, and also has the affect of making the figuring of the tops look cruddier than before.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      I heard it had something to do with an environmental regulation in Cali and the type of stain being used. My half-@ssed interpretaion of that is the reg change increased the cost for that type of stain, and J/C started using a different cheaper material for production guitars that doesn't produce as much 3D depth. In fact, it seems more opaque than the old stuff, and also has the affect of making the figuring of the tops look cruddier than before.

I was told the same thing about the chlorine color. My NAMM Charvel has what they called the "vintage chlorine". I guess it was one the last of the good ones. It looks much better than my chlorine PC1.

"You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I love that guitar, bro! Your's is the only other 24 fret pointyhead Charvel that I've seen done.

And I believe you can still spec it on custom shop orders.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                          OK, I can't afford.
                          Fett?
                          Where is Fett?
                          Let's compare our cheap guitars for a while so we feel better.
                          hehehehe
                          Seriously, the natural is a beauty, but that green one gives me nicely figured WOOD.
                          ******* Yeah but 15 Cheap guitars add up to 1.. PC-1 ! Which would
                          you rather have?

Comment

"******* Yeah but 15 Cheap guitars add up to 1.. PC-1 ! Which would
                            you rather have?"

I soooo agree with that statement!!!!!

Comment

Dag... that's a Mahogany body. That would make that a second edition of the PC1.
                              The originals were Koa.
                              She's a looker though.
                              -Rick

Comment

[quote=vklobucar;1036437]
                                I will probably get hung for this statement but am I the only one who prefers the older Sears headstock and more importantly the single volume (no tone) version of the PC1?
                                quote]

i DO prefer the "sears" headstock. the strathead is generic to me. oh, and here are mine. they have been shown 1000's of times!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X