Jackson Custom Shop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Question

I know this question has been asked before and the answer was previously "No" but I was wondering if anyone knows if things have changed recently. Will the Jackson Custom Shop do a custom order dinky with the Jackson strat headstock? or would they do a custom PC1 without the signature on the headstock? I have seen a few custom shop pieces with the strat headstock that were not PC1's.

I've got exactly that question in to Jackson at the moment. I was told categorically 'No' 6 months ago, but have recently seen a custom order with a strathead, so who knows what the fuck they're thinking over there.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'm sure a stat head on a Jackson could be available for the right price. While Fender would tell you the Strat head trademark is priceless I'm sure they would put in on a Jackson for say $12,000 or more. Really a bargain when you think about it.

Comment

I really don't get why its allowed on the PC1 but a "big big deal" on anything else. Is someone at FMIC gay for Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I really don't get why its allowed on the PC1 but a "big big deal" on anything else. Is someone at FMIC gay for Phil?
          Who isn't gay for Phil? lol I have been thinking about a Strat headstock too, but to hell with them if they won't do it. I'm not paying an arm and a leg for one, either. They are not that cool.
          "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Here's one from DCGL that was just done and sold:

It's not a PC1 but it does have some similar specs and they did the strat head.

Comment

I'm guessing that DCGL guitar is a sign that the policy may be changing after NAMM.

Comment

Hmm I guess they only want to allow a slow drip of stratheads out, and aren't going to open the "flood gates". Sounds like a scheme to artificially lower the supply and raise prices to me.

Comment

I wonder if we are going to see a maiden sign guitar?
                  Just get a charvel

Comment

Working...
                  X