Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used price of a Jackson DK1

Hey Guys,
    I once again require to tap the fountain of knowledge that you possess! I have been looking at a DK1. However, Im not too sure about the going rate for used ones in mint-near mint condition. The model I'm looking at is like a year old I believe and it is a bgf finish. He would like around $1200 CDN. Good deal?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I once again require to tap the fountain of knowledge that you possess! I have been looking at a DK1. However, Im not too sure about the going rate for used ones in mint-near mint condition. The model I'm looking at is like a year old I believe and it is a bgf finish. He would like around $1200 CDN. Good deal?
    Thanks!
    In US, $1000 US would be a fair deal.......US to Canadian dollar is about 1-to-1 these days, so $1200 CDN seems a little high????
    Last edited by Mr Metal; 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Metal! I was thinking I'd offer around $1000. is there a big difference in price in terms of a bolt on USA model as opposed to a neck-thru USA model?

Comment

You're welcome!

Used neck-thru Solist USA models can be had for $1100~$1300 mint (non-Mahogany).....So the difference isn't that much

Comment

DK-1's appear to be less common on the 'bay. I'd say they should be priced in parity, with perhaps a slight advantage going to the DK-1.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            DK-1's appear to be less common on the 'bay. I'd say they should be priced in parity, with perhaps a slight advantage going to the DK-1.

Vass

I agree

Comment

He seems pretty firm on $1200, and his communication sucks, so I think I will let it be. Too bad, I really want another USA jackson Thanks for all of the info guys!!!

Comment

$1200 for a DK1 in that finish is a good deal IMO. You usually find the solid color DK1s going for $1000, but a DK1 in bgf isn't something you see every day. My .02.

Comment

I got my DK1 snakeskin from Chris guitars for 1300.00 I mightve paid a bit much but its mint and has the hangtag,manual and key.Not a scratch

Comment

They got a DK1 down at a shop here asking like 2,000 for it. Its all ate up in the neck and the logo has some smugged paint below it. Couple of scratches. I can't even talk them down, period. Its a graphic too, so I mean it'll carry some more bills. But sure as hell not that.

Thing has been sitting there for about a year had dust on it when I picked it up. Of course I got the jerk treatment when I tried to talk em down. Hell even when I mentioned the dust the dumbass was like:

"yeah that'll come off"

Oh good, cause I'd hate to play it with dust on it..

Comment

Working...
                    X