When did the Warrior change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the Warrior change?

I have a 1991 Warrior, I also have a 2006 CS Warrior. I have seen many new ones as well and what I have noticed is the upper and lower tips are cut at a different angle. The old ones are much sharper. They look better too. Anyone see this? Why did they change it? The body was perfect to begin with.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

The 1990 Warrior was a flop in terms of sales, but they had so many Custom Shop orders for them afterwards, they decided to bring it back as the WR-1. I imagine the design was changed slightly by R&D to speed up machine-based production.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So I guess that means the original Warrior was discontinued in '91 ? Anyone know what year the first WR1's were made ?
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

97 or 98 I think.

The original was stopped in 91, maybe 92.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It'd be cool if we could work up a production history of the different models. Dunno where to start on that, though .....

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
            Anyone know what year the first WR1's were made ?
            The WR1 and WRXT came in 2001.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, Jackson needs to re-issue the 1st year ones. Slant fretboard, active electronics etc. About the best neck I ever felt is on my original.
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The WR1 and WRXT came in 2001.
                That matches up with my list. The oldest 'new' Warrior I've found is dated mid '01. Its snakeskin graphic with painted neck.

Comment

Working...
                X