kv1 or kv2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kv1 or kv2?

hi, could someone tell me what the difference is between a kv1 and a kv2?

The KV1 was the Dave Mustaine signature, discontinued in 2000 iirc. It had all the standard select series features, a kahler fixed bridge and the later models had lsr tuners. The KV2 is basically the same guitar with a floyd rose, but with medium jumbo frets.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
      The KV1 was the Dave Mustaine signature, discontinued in 2000 iirc. It had all the standard select series features, a kahler fixed bridge and the later models had lsr tuners. The KV2 is basically the same guitar with a floyd rose, but with medium jumbo frets.
      And kv1 had the options of korina / poplar body woods.

Comment

The other difference is KV1's are really hard to find

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          The other difference is KV1's are really hard to find

...and overpriced..
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

The KV2 is basically the same guitar with a floyd rose, but with medium jumbo frets.
            Doesn't the KV1 also have medium frets? That was Dave's preference for all his guitars, then they just carried it over to the KV2.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hallo folks,

as far as I know there was only a short period with medium frets.
              Mine is a '97 and has medium frets.

Overpriced? What are they going for today?
              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Doesn't the KV1 also have medium frets? That was Dave's preference for all his guitars, then they just carried it over to the KV2.
                I dunno Joe, I try to stay away from smaller frets. I always thought that was weird on the kv2.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Ho many KV1's were made..

I heard somewhere that there were only e few hundred.

Comment

I dunno Joe, I try to stay away from smaller frets. I always thought that was weird on the kv2.
                    The smaller, medium jumbo frets don't bother me. I don't like real small vintage frets like on old Fenders, though.
                    My Mustaine Dean V will be arriving tomorrow... I believe Dave spec'd the neck the same speed neck as his Jacksons (that also carried over to the KV2), and I'm wondering if the frets are also medium. Dave always liked them on all his Jacksons, including the Y2KV.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also to be noted..you will not be able to get a KV1...

So..in light of that..KV2!

Comment

Main difference is the bridge. Which the Kahler flatmount is now available again, so I'm sure Jackson would put it on a KV if you wanted it.

I replaced the Kahler on my KV-Pro with a tune-o-matic/string-through, a couple of years before the Y2KV. The brass rollers saddles developed burrs which broke the wound strings, and I couldn't find steel replacements. Here recently, I put the new Mustaine Live Wires in it. Irony, eh?
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                          Main difference is the bridge. Which the Kahler flatmount is now available again, so I'm sure Jackson would put it on a KV if you wanted it.

I replaced the Kahler on my KV-Pro with a tune-o-matic/string-through, a couple of years before the Y2KV. The brass rollers saddles developed burrs which broke the wound strings, and I couldn't find steel replacements. Here recently, I put the new Mustaine Live Wires in it. Irony, eh?

But that would be a CS order right? That would cost big $, and take a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Yeah, I thought that was the deal ,too. And I prefer medium jumbo frets over the jumbos. Medium jumbos are much more comfortable for me.
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                              I replaced the Kahler on my KV-Pro with a tune-o-matic/string-through, a couple of years before the Y2KV. The brass rollers saddles developed burrs which broke the wound strings, and I couldn't find steel replacements.
                              Did the new bridge effect sound?

You know what I mean: ? Kahler the "sound sucking bitch"???
                              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Working...
                              X