Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain the differences in the RR3, RR5, RR1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain the differences in the RR3, RR5, RR1 ?

Im really wondering how much better the RR5 is over the RR3?
    Is the RR5 USA made, and the RR3 an import? Thanks, ahead
    of time! :-)

Both RR5 and RR3 are imports. RR5 is neck through, string thru with Duncan pickups. RR3 is bolt on with boot leg pickups/trem.

RR1 is USA, neck through, binding, real Floyd and Duncans.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      Both RR5 and RR3 are imports. RR5 is neck through, string thru with Duncan pickups. RR3 is bolt on with boot leg pickups/trem.

RR1 is USA, neck through, binding, real Floyd and Duncans.
      "RR1 is USA, neck through, binding, real Floyd and Duncans." And O' so sweet!!

Comment

RR1 is the cream of the crop for sure. Ebony board (sweet!) binding...MOP inlays/logo
        RR5 is a great import..but, no Floyd, rosewood, plastic inlays
        RR3 now has real Duncans..and a Floyd. Bolt on neck.

If you can play em,..do. Hell, one of my favorites was an RX10D..made in INDIA..great player, was very comfortable.

Each guitar has it's own personality..investigate and have fun. Find the one for you.

Comment

I would buy the rr3 over the rr5....unless if you have tons of cash (then why not pay 500 more bucks for the rr1?)

I suppose this statement should be false if you want a string-thru or the ability to tune, on the fly.

The RR3 is definitely a great guitar (same build quality as the rr5). I never tried an rr1.

Note this however:
          2006 and previous RR3's had Duncan Designed pups and chrome hardware.
          2007 and newer RR3's have Seymour Duncan pups and black hardware (better, IMO...and likely easier to find).

RR5's and RR1's are the same for all years.
          Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 01-25-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I have an RR1 and love it. Ive played an RR5 as well as an RR3 and RX10D and for me at least, I felt quite a difference between the RR1 and all of the others in terms of quality and feel (not to slag the quality of the other models).

Comment

My wife got an RR5 for me a few months ago. It's a very good-playing and good-sounding guitar as well as my first non-bolt-on Jackson. She lucked into a great deal and got it for a little over $600 and it was a new guitar. So while the list on an RR5 is up there, if you shop around, you can score one much cheaper than list.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
              X