What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

Well, right now I got a KE2 in silver swirl and a DK2T in Crimson swirl...but my focus is obviously on the KE2.

I am unfortunately growing out of this guitar...it just doesn't have a right feel, body wise. I am thinking its the neck heaviness+ body shape...but I don't know. I actually prefer playing the dk2t over the ke2! It's odd- I never had this problem before with kellys. Don't get me wrong, it plays good, but it's like wearing jeans that are a size too small.

I am thinking of doing a trade with another guitar at a music store I always went to a lot, therefore maybe getting a decent trade-in(cash value...I heard they do 80%) and spending a bit more cash *maybe 200 bucks?* = new jackson. Of course if I didn't get a good cash value, I wouldn't bother or sell it elsewhere.

What new Jackson? A SL2HT soloist. From the specs, it is somewhat close in comparison to the dk2t, plus I don't use the floyd much with the kelly. The music store has a "buy and try" thing, so if I didn't like the guitar, I could send it back in 30 days and get my money back...but likely only the "ke2 cash".

I would likely keep it somewhat low-profile color-wise...likely solid or trans colors only...which leads to a question: I never played any black guitars from Jackson->are the necks stickier than other colors? My KE2 wasn't in the least bit (just a bit more than the DK2T), but I heard things about black. Same question goes for white guitars.

FYI, This is not a thread about a sale or w/e, just so I don't get bitched at Don't ask me about the title...I know it doesn't make sense.

Dude... don't EVER trade in a guitar at a music store.
    They will rip you off... period.
    Sell it.

As for getting another axe, the SL2HT is a great guitar. It's a neck thru though, so don't expect it to feel or play like you DK2T.
    Color has nothing to do with a necks "stickiness" as they are clear coated with the same type of clear. A Black finish is not going to be any different than a white from a "feel" perspective.
    -Rick

Comment

I was thinking that, but I heard that black was sticky a while ago, from these forums.

Yeah, I'll see what I could get out of it there...80% from a music store WHEN traded doesn't sound too bad...that's around 2000-20%= 1600$$...likely as much as I could sell it for on ebay. Me and my dad are regular customers and know the co-owner (and everybody else), so maybe he'll treat me nicely...but I'll see.

I know it won't play the same, but it won't be night and day, like going to jackson to fender or what have you.

I won't be doing this anytime soon, likely in march or early summer.
      Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 01-28-2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I doubt it would sell for $1600, and I doubt the store would give you that much.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm having a real hard time believing that they routinely shell out 80% of retail for trade-ins. I bet their cost for a brand new KE2 from Jackson is less than $1600.

Comment

If you can get $1600 trade in for a KE2, take the money and RUN

Comment

I was thinking that the stores sold them for 1999?

But yeah, I will be losing out price wise, which sucks. I guess it also gives me the option to get a slsmg or something, but I'm dealing with a USA guitar! :P

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Dude... don't EVER trade in a guitar at a music store.
                They will rip you off... period.
                Sell it.

As for getting another axe, the SL2HT is a great guitar. It's a neck thru though, so don't expect it to feel or play like you DK2T.
                Color has nothing to do with a necks "stickiness" as they are clear coated with the same type of clear. A Black finish is not going to be any different than a white from a "feel" perspective.
                I have a WRMG and looking to get a WR1. Naturally they will sound different. But would the necks of these two guitars, one painted, the other natural, feel the same?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I have a WRMG and looking to get a WR1. Naturally they will sound different. But would the necks of these two guitars, one painted, the other natural, feel the same?
                  You'll know soon enough ! Yeah, they feel different. I'll probably sound retarded, but an unpainted neck feels thinner to me. The paint isn't all that thick, so its probably my imagination. I prefer painted necks. Hard to explain, but they just feel right to me.
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X