PC1 2-knob vs 3 knob desirability question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 2-knob vs 3 knob desirability question

My old 1997 PC1 has just volume & sustainer intensity controls...no tone knob. I rarely see them for sale in this configuration. Did they not make very many or what?

Yours is a fake!

Well, I don't know much about the PC1's.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I thought the second knob doubled as the Tone when the Sustainor wasn't on?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No, earlier ones just didn't have a tone knob. Not any more "desirable" or pricey, though.

I'd prefer that config, myself, though. Wish Jackson would go back to it, as well as collapse the two mini-toggles into a single mini-3-way.

Comment

Yeah, I agree - from a visual perspective, the PC1 has too many controls....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I never use the tone knob and I find it gets in the way of the pick up selector.
            -Rick

Comment

i have both, and i prefer the 3 knob set up. it looks more balanced to me. i like a lot of controls though...
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

lol, this is actually the one that I bought. Thanks again Devnor!

Comment

These older PC1s with the two-knob layout also had much nicer quilt maple tops than the PC1s of late, I find. I kinda want a new Strathead PC1 but I'm not too thrilled about the tops.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    I never use the tone knob and I find it gets in the way of the pick up selector.
                    I think on every guitar I've owned, the tone ALWAYS stayed on full (or 10 or whatever), so yeah, I don't see a point for it, either...

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      These older PC1s with the two-knob layout also had much nicer quilt maple tops than the PC1s of late, I find. I kinda want a new Strathead PC1 but I'm not too thrilled about the tops.
                      I've heard that as well about the older PC1's having nicer tops, but my 07 Solar PC1 has a beautiful quilted top on it.

I would love to see some older PC1's in person too see if it is truly different than mine.

Cheers,
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X