KV2 Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 Project.

My KV2 was originally all black. I badly damaged the tips during some heavy gigging and took it to a good friend of mine for repair. He sawed off the ends of the wings, rebuilt them, and then asked me what color I wanted it painted. I had mentioned to him that even for an Italian bloke I'm pretty damn greasy, and I have a tendency to smudge guitars just by looking at them. I decided on a finish that would keep the smudge visibility relatively low: White with black bevels. Here's the finished project. (Note: I'm no photographer)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the friend of mine that handled the repair goes by the name Bob Reitz. He's like a dad to me, so he cut me a great deal.

Last edited by FatalTragedy; 01-31-2008, 11:42 AM.

nice choice, looks great-
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very nice! I've always loved white with black bevels or black with white bevels on Jacksons.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful guitar dude, it looks amazing.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Wow looks like he did a good job... the guitar looks great!!

Comment

Can Bob also do something like, say, saw off a regular headstock and install a reverse headstock?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow, looks awesome!

Comment

Looks great from here. I really like the white with black bevels.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Can Bob also do something like, say, saw off a regular headstock and install a reverse headstock?
                  I don't see why not. Of course I should ask him first. He builds guitar bodies and does modifications and repairs in his spare time. He just built his son a gorgeous guitar, I'm actually kind of jealous.

He lives in Ohio, and I just moved to Florida so I'm gonna have to get in touch with him via phone when he's done working. If you're actually interested in having some work done I can give him a ring. What kind of guitar are you looking to modify exactly?

Thanks for all the kind words. I really love my guitar. I'm having a few setup issues but I'll post those separately in the tech forums. I think my neck might need some TLC.

Comment

Looks nice!

Comment

wow great patching work!

thats what scares me with my Kv2, the tips...especially since I luv to play drunk....

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                        thats what scares me with my Kv2, the tips...especially since I luv to play drunk....
                        Exactly.

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                        X