Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to forums: is this a good price for a KV2T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forums: is this a good price for a KV2T?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, but I've been a long time lurker. Owned a few second hand USA Jacksons (WR-1 and a RR1) that I got off of ebay. Wish I never sold the warrior, but I'm more a fan of hardtail bridges.

Anywho, I found a KV2T in natural mahogany in an ebay store and made an offer. Apparently it is a display model and is unplayed. Here is the auction:

I made an offer of 1500 for it and they counter offered with 1750 + they will pay shipping and throw whatever strings I want on and adjust the neck. Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance!

Brand new that is probably a fair price. Have you tried contacting one of our dealers? Matt might have a KV2T or 2 in stock. Matt's banner is right at the top of the page.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yea $1750 shipped isn't bad if the guitar is brand new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
        Brand new that is probably a fair price. Have you tried contacting one of our dealers? Matt might have a KV2T or 2 in stock. Matt's banner is right at the top of the page.
        I'll check him out, thanks for the replies guys

Comment

Shipping would probably be about $60, strings maybe $7, so you're not getting much of a deal there.

As for the neck adjustment, depending on where you live vs where the guitar is, it will have to be adjusted about a week after you get it if it's a drastic environment change.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok, what do you think would be a good price?

Comment

Originally posted by Funeral-Inception View Post
              Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, but I've been a long time lurker. Owned a few second hand USA Jacksons (WR-1 and a RR1) that I got off of ebay. Wish I never sold the warrior, but I'm more a fan of hardtail bridges.

Anywho, I found a KV2T in natural mahogany in an ebay store and made an offer. Apparently it is a display model and is unplayed. Here is the auction:

I made an offer of 1500 for it and they counter offered with 1750 + they will pay shipping and throw whatever strings I want on and adjust the neck. Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance!

Check with Matt...He has very good prices shipped. Pluse if you get a guitar from matt, it's one that he's approved as well. I'd trust him over someone else..

Cheers

Comment

I actually ended up buying one from a forum member for 1400. Excited to get it and share my thoughts on this axe!

Comment

What kind did you get?

Comment

KV2T in black with the 24.75 scale. It has an EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck. I might throw the 85 in the bridge though. I guess it was only slightly used as it was his backup, so I think it was a good deal! Excited to own a USA jackson again.

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                      ... but i'm still screwed for a fixed bridge guitar
                      If you wanted fixed bridge with 24 frets and 25.5" scale, you should have picked up a Dave Mustaine V while you were still with Dean. :ROTF:

Though, there are some older KV2Ts out there with the 25.5" scale when they were first introduced.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn I just PMed you about my fixed V

You move fast, brotha
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Need a backup?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I have pretty short/small fingers so I think the gibson scale will help me out. I had an EC-1000 about four years ago and that was a really comfy guitar for me, same specs basically as this kv2t.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Though, there are some older KV2Ts out there with the 25.5" scale when they were first introduced.
                              I didn't know this.. very interesting. The 24.75" scale is what has kept me from buying a KV2T.

I bet the 25.5's don't come up for sale very often though.

Comment

Working...
                              X