My Mike Learn Roswell Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mike Learn Roswell Conversion

Hola everyone! I thought I would bring something to the table for my first ever post here. Been lurking in here for awhile so it is good to see Jackson daylight.

What we have here for your consumption was a formerly faux alluminum Roswell Rhoads that was turned over to Michaelangelo Learn to work his magic on her! All of this of course after I saved her from DCGL closeout limbo. Yeah, that one

The theme for the refin had to focus on outer space. So no brainer, a Silver Surfer graphic! What would be better than a regular ol SS graphic for Mike? Well a Marvel Zombies SS!!!

A Bareknuckle Rebel Yell replaced the stock JB

This guitar is a player!!

Tis a shame that these guitars are hated on.

very cool paint...nicely done!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Looks very good. I always like seeing Mike Learn's work on this site but I wonder where his infatuation with zombies comes from?

Comment

awesome. I've been talking to Jason about that lefty one he has. Your's is just way to cool. I especially like that skull on the back. Learn is much more that a master, he is a visionary.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I hate Roswells.

But this one is just sick enough to convert me.
          That is indeed stunning.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Hey Joe, that lefty roswell is also badass. My crop circles only go to the 12th fret. <snort> Also more importantly, Jason's price is very very reasonable especially since it is a lefty.

Cygnus X1 Be careful sickness is contagious hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              I hate Roswells.

But this one is just sick enough to convert me.
              That is indeed stunning.

My thoughts exactly.
              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

That looks cool... but is that a Washburn Southern Cross I spy in the background? More pics of that please!

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                  That looks cool... but is that a Washburn Southern Cross I spy in the background? More pics of that please!
                  I think it's more likely a Boogie Street "The Cross" (import) than an actual Southern Cross.

Comment

Were (my brother in law) are sending a project to mike this week!
                    Yours is awesome!!!

Comment

That's one hell of a cool Surfer job.

Well done Mike.
                      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Good morning everybody from the left coast.

Robert- Your bro should be very pleased with Mike's artistic talent. Not only is Mike an awesome dude but his turnaround is quick. I sent him the body in Nov and got it back by Jan!! This was with all the other NAMM guitars he did at the same time.

Slash- Good eye! She is indeed a Washy Dime 3 Southern Cross. I have named her Omega Negra and since pics were requested...

Yoshi still prefers the Jackson!!

Whammy bar antics

Comment

How do you have those hanging on an angle like that? Also, what is that quilt top guitar on the end?
                          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          Jackson SLATQH
                          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                          Jackson DKMGT (project)
                          Kramer Focus 1000
                          Ibanez SDGR Bass
                          Ovation Celebrity
                          Martin Backpacker

Comment

Hot damn. The holy grail of Washburn Dimes for me. An arm and a leg would I give for that guitar... Not that my arm or leg is anywhere near worth what these go for on Ebay since Dime died, god rest his soul.

"Yoshi still prefers the Jackson!"

Give me the Washburn then!!

You have a very cool collection dude. Is the third from the left in the hanger shot some sort of custom Washburn P series? I remember Nuno played those briefly at some point, but I've never seen one with such extensive inlay work.

Comment

Texas- My guitar wall hanger was made by a luthier from the New England area in the mid 90's. He had one of those little ads in the back of Guitar World magazine.

The quilted end guitar is my very own Warmoth soloist from around the mid 90's. Swamp ash body birdseye neck/rosewood fully scalloped board

Slash- You have a savvy and tasteful eye! The Washy is a Boogie Street "Chewey" CTS custom. The inlay was done by Cliff at Shark Inlay. Another great guy whom I reccomend highly. Can't imagine the $$ and time if I were to spec that type of guitar thru the Jackson Custom Shop

Flanked by my N2 proto and Davies N4!!

Comment

Working...
                              X