PC1 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Question

I have an chance at buying a PC1 for 1k. I have not seen the guitar yet, or even known the color (waiting for specifics) I'm guessing if the person is knocking approx 1200 off the price they paid for it, it may be beat up but I don't know. Obviously if it's in great shape I'm going for it. I'm also going assume for the time being it's the old headstock and not the fender one on the newer ones.

I was just curious though, how much wear and tear would make this not such a good deal? I don't really check the classifieds or ebay so I really don't have a clue whats out there for a grand (and I'm not asking)

Also since the selling point for me would be the sustainer and this will be used, how easy (if at all so) would it be to get repairs done for something like this?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Most used PC1's I've seen on ebay sell in the $1200 to $1700 range depending on year, condition, etc. - The older ones do seem to have more consitently nicer tops and boards, but some of the newer ones do too - you really have to look at them - If it's in good shape and without any major issues, I'd say go for it.
    Last edited by dark_knight; 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The built in sustainer is not easily repaired.
      Jackson won't sell replacement parts for it.
      That being said, most issues with them are fairly simple to correct.
      As for a PC1 for a grand, even if it's slightly beat up, it's still a good deal.
      Post pics of it if you get any.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        The built in sustainer is not easily repaired.
        Jackson won't sell replacement parts for it.
        That being said, most issues with them are fairly simple to correct.
        As for a PC1 for a grand, even if it's slightly beat up, it's still a good deal.
        Post pics of it if you get any.
        Will do, it's just a waiting game for the person to respond back

Comment

It's Chlorine with the older style jackson headstock, not the fender style. I may be getting it on the 28th I am pretty excited about it. I hope he holds on to it until then

Comment

Working...
          X