Jackson Nebula Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Nebula Question

I'm new to this forum and a new guitar player, so bear with me.

I just bought new at my local music store a 2005 Jackson Nebula DK1.

It has a Dan Lawrence signature painted on it.

I paid $1800.00

Was that a deal? And what is the value with the signature??

Thanks guys!

From what I know Dan puts his signature on most of the graphic finishes he does, so nothing really special I love the Nebula graphic a lot and 1.800 for a brand new dk-1 sounds ok to me
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Are you sure?

I went on to ebay and at different times people had the nebula dk1 but closeups didn't show the signature. So you may be right, but everywhere I look I don't see the signature.

Comment

There are bigger discrepancies on these "photoshop" pix you see on the net. My WR1 has the Milky Way on the lower front horn with the signature at the tip, yet its shown on the upper rear fin on the picture I saw on a shop's Ebay page. It might even be that the graphics were rotated on later models.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well, being hand-painted, the ones that Dan does should all be different.

Not sure how they do it these days, but back in the 90s when graphics were done on production models, they were not all done by the original artist, so some were signed and looked better, while others were not signed.

I'd say the ones signed by Dan would be worth a bit more, since he's a known artist.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd say that price is pretty high up there, but as long as you are happy with it, what's the harm?

Interesting way to go for being new to guitars. Most would get something cheap for a first guitar.

My first guitar wasn't a smart choice at all. I wanted to play heavy metal, and got an Aria RS Classic. It was a good quality guitar, but with 3 very clean single coil pickups it wasn't the best way to start my heavy metal career

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              There are bigger discrepancies on these "photoshop" pix you see on the net. My WR1 has the Milky Way on the lower front horn with the signature at the tip, yet its shown on the upper rear fin on the picture I saw on a shop's Ebay page. It might even be that the graphics were rotated on later models.
              I really like the way the graphic on yours is set up. The nebula on the top wing is the way to go. You made a good choice buying it I always thought the nebula graphic done over the entire body would be cool looking too.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
              X