401K guitars Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtr View Post
    Vass up until the early 80's you were still able to buy a 50's & 60's Strat for $150-$500 range . They are noway near the quality build of a SD Jackson having owned both. I'm not saying that these guitars will be worth as much but there are way more Strat from that time then unmodded or damaged SD Jackson's.

24% return if bought at $150 25 years ago. So then maybe there is some upside to be had if you buy on the secondary....but I'd guess you're still way better off putting it into the market.... Got some survivor bias in a sense here- We're calculating on guitars that we KNOW shot through the roof

Vass

Comment

Thread ressurection: Who didn't pull their money out of the 401K and buy when I told them to way back then?

LOL!

:ROTF:

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
      Hmmmmm
      Let's see
      hehehe
      Tell you what... put your money into the 401K, and bitch about loosing 2K last year.

Can you enjoy your money "over there --->"

I like the idea of playing my money.

oops

did I say too much?

Guess I won't make money on my hobby from now on... it just don't make no sense.

huh?

LOLOLOL

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

so heres the problem, you would need to buy a bunch of strats at 250 in order to live off the return. the problem with this is that you would then havetrouble maintaining the value when you start to sell - basically you would be dumping your stock on the market which would drive the prices down.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          so heres the problem, you would need to buy a bunch of strats at 250 in order to live off the return. the problem with this is that you would then havetrouble maintaining the value when you start to sell - basically you would be dumping your stock on the market which would drive the prices down.
          no, no, no.
          I'm not talking about living off the return.

I'm talking about buying a guitar, and having it be worth more than having put money into a 401K

Simple.

Given the time/date of the post, vs. now, I win.

NEXT
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
            Guitars as investments? Well......nah. I understand that folks look at $50,000 50's Stratocasters and say, WOW what a great investment, that sucker only cost $250 back in, say, 1954!
            +1 to your math, I double-checked it and it is solid. Now run those numbers with a '59 Les Paul though!

Comment

Working...
            X