Finally ... I got a USA - Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally ... I got a USA - Fusion

Well, after 2 MiJ Fusion Professionals (both SX) I scored a USA Fusion !
    S/N: 000636 ~ 1990:

... originally it was black/red Tiger, but the guy, who had it, didn't like that, so he sanded & oiled the body (sounds familiar to me )
    I re-sanded (and re-oiled) it today:

He changed the Pickups (all Duncans: SH-6, JB, HotRail - good choice) and the trem (Schaller LowProfileIII) and messed around shaping a wider recess (I tried to correct that as good as I could); and two switches to split the neck and the bridge PUs (don't work)

What really counts: Sounds great, plays great (perfect neck) - I love it
    ... and my wife forced me to swear: No more guitars for at least 6 months (5 Jacksons in 3 months and I only sold 1 of the "old" stock)

Franx
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Looks good congrats!

Comment

I think you got suckered. That's not a Fusion body, it's a DK2 body.

JT580 Pro trem and angled trem route.

The neck does say "Made in USA" right?

Measure the scale length.

A Fusion neck will work on a DK2 body.

Comment

Fusion-neck on a DK2 body ???
        Does anybody know, what would be stamped in the pocket of a Fusion body, and what on a DK2 body ?

The trem was changed by the previous owner, as I mentioned above; he had to shape the recess to get the LowProIII in (angles on both sides). Maybe that's why it looks odd.

For me, the most important fact is that she plays and sounds good, so I'm happy anyway; though I'd like to know ... what it really is.

Comment

DK2 bodys had the triangular single coil routs. Thats NOT a DK2 body.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

A fusion neck should not work on a dk body normaly, the scale length is not the same.
            Looks like a fusion to me, if he has others he surley could tell just by playing it.
            Looks sweeet Franx

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
              ... if he has others he surley could tell just by playing it.
              Looks sweeet Franx
              Good point ! Although I'm 60 % deaf on my left ear and color-blind (always a good laugh at wiring-jobs: "Could anybody pick out the red and green cables, please ?"), I should have noticed that. Thinking about it, there in fact have been some wrong notes during my session yesterday !

Anyway, it's a Fusion-neck on a body that fits shortscale necks and it's mine ! And whoever wants her will have to deal with my son sometime in 2040 !
              Couch-shot:

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                DK2 bodys had the triangular single coil routs. Thats NOT a DK2 body.
                Yep - your right.

But you agree that isn't the correct bridge for a 1990's Fusion, right? It should have a JT-590.

As long as you bolt up a "J/C" 24 fret neck to a "J/C" 24 fret body, you can get it to intonate and play. The second J/C guitar I bought was a MIJ Fusion Pro neck bolted onto a Performer Kelly body. The body arrived damaged in shipping, so I put the neck onto a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body because I like the H-S pickup combo.

I liked the idea of an ebony / MOP neck on a Kelly body, so later I bought a DK1 neck and bolted it up to a KE3 body.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  As long as you bolt up a "J/C" 24 fret neck to a "J/C" 24 fret body, you can get it to intonate and play.
                  not when it's a 24 fret 24 3/4" scale neck on a body made for a 24 fret 25 1/2" scale neck
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

But you agree that isn't the correct bridge for a 1990's Fusion, right? It should have a JT-590.
                    Yes, I mentioned that the trem isn't the original JT-590; it's a Schaller Low Pro III:

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      not when it's a 24 fret 24 3/4" scale neck on a body made for a 24 fret 25 1/2" scale neck
                      Nope - it works. Like I said, I had a Fusion Pro neck (24 3/4" scale) on a Performer Kelly Body (25 1/2" scale). Intonation was fine. Played great, but the body was damage (wing tip busted off). So I sold the body and kept the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
                        Yes, I mentioned that the trem isn't the original JT-590; it's a Schaller Low Pro III:
                        Sorry - didn't see that in the original post.

Maybe you are good to go and it is a USA body? He would have had to do a little routing for the lo-pro trem.

Comment

Sorry - didn't see that in the original post.

Maybe you are good to go and it is a USA body? He would have had to do a little routing for the lo-pro trem.
                          Which he also said in the first post...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            Which he also said in the first post...
                            Ok, I give up.

Comment

Ok, I give up.
                              I know how you feel, I feel like that damn near everyday!
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X