Jackson J0074

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson J0074

I just thought you guys might want to see this. I bought it new in 1984 and played for about 10 yrs and then put it away. I still take her out every now and then just to rip a few leads and chords, then put it away. Too many other guitars to play. I almost sold it last year, then woke up and came to my senses. She has bumps and bruises from the first 10 years but regardless of that she still is a very cool V! Would it hurt the value if I had someone refinish this? Should I just leave it as is?

Nice! There's not too many roundhorn V's out there. Though the paint is kinda beat, I'd leave it as is. Keepinging stock is always better, IMO. Plus the mojo factor is boomin!

EDIT: Oh, but get someone to make ya a rear cavity cover!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

if you do decide to paint it, be sure to repaint it the EXACT color that it was when new.....but i wouldnt paint it either. sweet axe dude.
      jackson dx10
      charvel avenger
      schecter c1 classic
      samick tr2 sg clone
      fender twin amp.
      abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

I vote for leave as is, great time piece, it looks perfectly relic'ed, done the Original way

Comment

Wow - that's very cool indeed! And while it's your guitar to do with as you please, I'd definitely vote NO to a refinish!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I hope you are only asking because you already know...
            Don't touch it!!!!
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

That one is amazing. We emailed about that a couple of times when you almost sold it.

Don't even consider refinishing - that one is perfect!
              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and input guys. I thought it would be best to leave as is also but I just wanting your opinions on the matter.
                RR0849, I'd like to mention that you were very helpful last year when she was on the block and I thank you for it!
                Last edited by jet149; 02-29-2008, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Not to piss on anyone's bonfire, I would get it restored imo.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would leave it as is. It is cool as hell and as mentioned before, it was reliced the right way, through 10 years of honest playwear.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Awesome guitar! And as much as I like pristine guitars, I would say leave it like it is.

Comment

it looks perfect & yeah get a cover for the back.

Comment

Such a cool axe dude. Don't refin it !
                          Reminds me of my 3tite kindof. Absolutely beat to shit but i wouldn't change a thing about it.
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            Not to piss on anyone's bonfire, I would get it restored imo.
                            Posts of Value: -2

I'd keep it as is.

Comment

As is all the way. The wear on that one adds character.

Comment

Working...
                              X